Beginners and Beyond

Hey Friday Penguins - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing! (Read 34 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - I don't think it is shin splints.  I remember those from my wrestling days, and running in wrestling shoes.  She's had them before too.  This seems different, and tends to radiate into the calf.  I hope the doc has nothing, but great news for you.  I'll make sure to take a moment for you in my prayers.

Jerry - Stay cool out there.  I'm looking forward to reading about your experience.

HopesMom - I'm going to try to help her in any way that I can.  I know she's really disappointed that she hasn't been able to be as consistent in her training as she'd like.  I assured her that when you're new to running, and increasing mileage these things can happen and often do.  Enjoy your Easter weekend with family.  BTW...I'm killing Zombies with a cell phone charger.  Good luck to me.

Jack - I only get today off, but I do love it.  I'm mostly focused on getting some chores done around the house.  Have a great vacation, and try to enjoy a few natties.

Ginny - I think it might be some sort of tendonitis.  I'm actually kind of proud of her for cutting yesterday's run short.  Until we know what it is, I don't want her to aggravate it.  She has to start getting her mileage up soon.  I want her first HM to be easy peasy.  When she gets home from work, I'm going to suggest that even though it doesn't hurt when she isn't running that she start icing it, taking an anti-inflammatory, massaging it, etc.  Once it's under control, I'd like her to look into some exercises to strengthen her feet and ankles.

Traci - Enjoy your run tonight.

I think I'm going to focus on getting some things done today, and just rest up for a 15 miler tomorrow.  I'm just going to keep my long run there until I start marathon training.  I like that distance.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gustav, I remembered that commercial. Somehow I linked it to Christmas. Hope the good feeling will not bring anything else.

Damaris, enjoy 2M and court later.

Scotty, 8k is a little unusual. It is An auto PR?

Awood, hope P3 tighten is just nothing. Maybe shin splints?

Last run done before HM. 4M recovery done and went to dip in the pool with DS a bit.

To keep myself accountable to the colony. I am going to state my goal.

1. Sub 1:55

2. 1:50

3. Super secret goal. And there is a pace grp running at this pace but I have no idea what is their strategy.

No, I have done lots of 8Ks over my nearly 30 years of running.  We actually have quite a few 8Ks over the year here in Texas.  I did a couple when I was in Ohio and in England too.  I actually have no idea what my 8K PR is, lol.  4.96 miles is an odd distance.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

What a perfect day on the bike path.  54F at the end.  Finished 11.0 @ 10:37, last  2 at 10:16 and 10:00, so I think I 'm a little too conservative at the beginning.  9 days to race day.  Excited  !!!!

Now its time to find another Friday fish fry and some Harp.

Good luck with the HM, Bin and any other Easter racers.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your half, Bin!

Awood, hope P3's leg problem resolves quickly!   Enjoy your day off, if you take one.

I will probably end up dead last Mitch, lol, it's been so long since I did anything close to 5 miles.   Also, Helotes, where the event is, is quite hilly! Hope your checkup went well!

Enjoy the race and FE!  Take your gear, just go straight to the race from the office.  Who needs sleep? Wink

Good luck with the LR, Jerry!

Awww,  HsM, poor mouse...he probably never thought he'd end up as one of your mouse cheesecakes... enjoy the Easter visit with your family!

Wow, Jack, you can get an 11 mile run in between track events?  Speedy!  Have fun tomorrow!  Enjoy the vacation!

Good luck with the hills today, Ginny; or, if you are done, hope they went well!   Rain...what's that?  Haven't seen it in San Antone for so long, I've forgotten.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

I am so tired.  I need to start the countdown!  2 hours and 5 minutes for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Drum roll .............  I just sent out all that stuff I've been pulling together for work!!  Now it's winging its way through cyberspace to the next guy collecting from all the departments.  Hopefully everything goes through and I'm not missing anything.

Now I'd like to go for my swim, except remember that credit card I found in the road yesterday?  Well, the chick has responded to my e-mail with thanks, but hasn't stopped by to pick it up yet.  I think she's on the other campus, so I'd rather not have her take a 20-minute bus trip only to find I'm not here, and my tech is out today.  Ponder ponder ponder ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

You did not see me take a 10-minute nap at my desk earlier.  And neither did anyone else!  Wink

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

That's because it never happened, shhhh.

You did not see me take a 10-minute nap at my desk earlier.  And neither did anyone else!  Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

And it won't happen again in a few minutes ...

SheCan

I did 5-1/2 easy miles, stopped by a garage sale in the middle of my run, and bought a french country dinning table I don't need or have a place for.  Confused   I don't always know why I do what I do...hmmm....   But it was a good price and very pretty!

Also, Gustav, I have things to do, but I so got distracted by your mentioning of the old coca cola ads, that I started wasting time viewing vintage commercial.   Again, I say, I don't always know why I do what I do, but I rather stuck with myself anyway.  I still love it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8H5263jCGg

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry: nice run and good choice on the beer!

Scotty: I neglected to say the meet is an ALL DAY event!  A sloth would likely finish 11 miles in the time we will have. Smile

#artbydmcbride

I want to give the world a hug...

..and give you all a squeeze!

Runners run

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ilene: thanks! I'll take what I can get! Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

BLAST OFF  !!!!!!

GinnyinPA

Jerry - like your taste in beer

Awood - how long does she have before her half?  Hope it gets better quickly, in any case.

Damaris - after all the worry this week, a nap is a good idea.  I had a boss once who would sleep every afternoon for about 20 minutes.  He had a nice couch, and we knew that when the door was shut, he was powernapping.

Hopesmom - I hope you get your swim.  Can you email the woman again and tell her where you'll be?

AFM:   My run this afternoon was a really good one.  No rain, despite the clouds, and there were even a few glimmers of sunshine.  700' elevation gain/loss, and I still had to walk part of the biggest hill, but the rest of the hills seemed easy, and I had a really good pace going, for me.  8.4 miles in 88 minutes.  Biggest issue was I left my water bottle on the dining room table.  It was cool enough, I didn't really need water (56), but I wanted it since I didn't have any.  About halfway I found a tiny patch of snow in the shadow of a barn, so I swiped a handful and sucked on that, which took care of the problem.