Beginners and Beyond

Boston celebratory Tuesdailies....... (Read 41 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So I don't know if anybody on the west coast ever starts the dailies but here it is.......

Why you ask??

Cuz I just rewatched history for the 3rd time today as Meb pulled away & brought home the win for Boston & America!!  What an awesome day!!

I had to get up off the couch & do a midnight run!!  I'll be a zombie tomorrow but who cares!!

What the blue & gold are all you east coast folks doing right now??  Sleeping??  C'mon!!  

Randy

LRB

What the blue & gold are all you east coast folks doing right now??  Sleeping??

Me?  No.  You?  Like a mofo!  lol

LRB

Wassup peeps!

Well it's back to the running real world for us wanna-be hobby joggers.  Being Tuesday my run will come in the form of speed work of course.

Hopefully traffic cooperates as I will try to integrate some short VO2 max interval bursts into my weekday route.

See you on the other side, peace!

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!  Now that the Boston Marathon is complete, we can all focus on my May 25 marathon.  Less than five weeks to go!  Speaking of hobby jog, I did 10 easy last night.  More easy miles after work today.  Got a 10K Sunday.  Not sure what to expect there.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Once again, way to go Meb!!  That was such a great race.

Nice midnight run Randy.

Enjoy the speed work Rick!

Do you have a goal for your marathon Phil, or are you using the 10k for a tuneup?

AFM, did 5 easy this morning, we'll call it recovery #2.  Might grab some more miles this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Do you have a goal for your marathon Phil, or are you using the 10k for a tuneup?

No real solid goal set for the marathon.  Coming in under 3:20 would be nice.  Really though I just want to see how much of a bite I can take out of that 3:45 PR.  As far as the 10K goes, I'd like to PR that too.  That's a 6:59 pace, which I should comfortably be able to hold for 6.2 miles.  I'm training through it though, so I don't know how much my legs are going to like that.  I don't know what my true 10K pace is right now.

<3

meaghansketch

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Making friends with Jack Daniels again.

3x 1 mile at T pace, 4x200m at R pace.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No running for me today, probably a hike later in the day for me and Dorian.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! Was at the marathon yesterday and it was awesome. So much fun. Definitely want to run one someday now - hopefully next fall, depending on how the legs hold up. Gym in a few and maybe 5 miles with a couple running club friends this afternoon. I've packed my running clothes and shoes, but if my legs are feeling achy after running early yesterday and then walking around all day I'll skip it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  12 miles for tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

8 easy with strides.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

3.18 slow and easy miles done.

Massage later this afternoon, and dinner out with friends. I could get used to this taper business.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

I need to find some video of the last couple of miles in yesterday's race. I did find some of the last few minutes, which was neat. It's very awesome that Meb won the race.

Just 3 miles on the TM this morning. It went by quick. Two and a half weeks until my marathon. It'll be here before we know it. Smile

- Andrew

Pinktastic

Happy Day After Meb’s Amazing Win!

Randy – Thanks for starting us off in the wee hours of the west coast morning!

Rick – Hope your speed session went well and that the traffic cooperated!

Phil – Nice run last night!   Enjoy tonight’s miles!   I can’t wait for your marathon!

Dave – Way to start your day with some miles! If you do end up getting more later, I hope they’re marvelous!

Meaghan – I had to laugh.   When you said “making friends with Jack Daniels”, my first thought wasn’t a running book…..   ;-)   Great run this morning!

FS – Have a great day!

Lauren – Hope your gym time is productive and that you get to run with your friends later!

Damaris – Good morning!   Have a wonderful run tonight!

Lily – Hope your eight are Pinklightful!

Shari – Way to get those miles in early!   I hope your massage later is Pinklightful!

I did a prenatal strength video last night. This morning I planned to walk 3.25 miles, but it was so glorious out that I decided to be later than normal for work and I walked 4 instead.

Happy Tuesday, Runners!   And, may your next run be that magnificent run that motivates you for weeks to come!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

3.18 slow and easy miles done.

Massage later this afternoon, and dinner out with friends. I could get used to this taper business.

Shari, where are you racing next? I think I've asked you before.

- Andrew