Beginners and Beyond

This is, quite possibly, the worst interview ever. (Read 244 times)

Love the Half

Mr. Farah, is this your first time running?

Nothing ever disappears on the internet

The second link is the one you want to click on now as the TV station apparently removed the original out of sheer embarrassment   Fortunately, nothing ever dies on the internet.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

robinde

She obviously didn't know who he was or even bother to Google it.

LRB

And with us today we have Mr. Robert Downey Jr, whose movie Iron Man 3 comes out this summer.  So Mr. Downey, is this your first time acting?  Wait, what?

And a 61 minute marathon might be fast.

Philliefan33

Jeez , could the newswoman be any more unprepared? I guess this TV station doesn't have interns who do research and help the talking heads look good.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This isn't your first time running ever right? Like you didn't get up off the couch this morning, wake up and say, hmmmm I think I am going to go run the RnR marathon (not half marathon, marathon) in 61 minutes and set a course record? Oh you're like, experienced at this? You train and practice and stuff? Oh, so why is this interesting?! Why am I reporting this?? A 61 minute marathon doesn't even sound impressive, let alone superhuman and actually impossible, but I don't know how long a marathon is and cant do basic math and figure out that 26.2 miles in an hour is not actually possible even from Mo Farah. Wait, who is this guy again???? Oh am I still on camera. INTERNS get me my vodka!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Misty

That was at my race Sunday! I got to see him, Kara Goucher, and Shalane Flanigan fly by on an out and back.

Misty

Bless your heart.

paulski66

miscreant

lmao

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Unbelievable.  Good find, LTH.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Gator eye

So was this longer than a 5k marathon?Confused

Docket_Rocket

Hilarious.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wow, that just makes you cringe. Woefully unprepared on her part.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Tom Brady is this your first football game? What's next for you, do you think you'll give the quarterback position

a try? Do you have any more World Series coming up? I hear you set a record for 95 completed passes in a single inning during your last Super Final Four.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Wow, even the graphics guy couldn't be bothered - "Marathon Winner" at the bottom of the screen.

Local news at its finest.

Dave

Pretty damn funny.

lsp

Lump Off

This is hilarious - Mo was so polite and composed.  I wonder if this is common.