Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl Don't-Give -a-Crap thread (Read 80 times)

Will run for scenery.

Just thought it might be nice for the next day or so to have a special thread for people who don't give a crap about the super bowl.  Or the commercials.

I so don't give a crap that (after coffee and a crossword)  I'm gonna go into the office, do a little work, maybe work out, and later watch Downton Abbey, even though it's just a soap opera and British people are annoying.  Did I mention hanging out with my cats, doing laundry,  and doing some reading ?

How much do you not give a crap about the SB ?  What are your just-another-Sunday-in-February plans ? Anybody's toenails need clipping ?  Time to flip that mattress ?  Let's hear it !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Zelanie

We so don't give a crap that for years we would accidentally schedule DD's birthday party for during the Super bowl without even realizing it.

Tomorrow I am pretty sure that I have miles to run and a floor to mop. And some work that I brought home that I should really get done.

This means the snowmachiners won't be on the trails! Should be good running.

And many of the skiers will be at Alaska Ski for Women (NOrth America's largest women's only xc ski event) or a local version of it. (we don't run on those trails) (deliberately held on superbowl Sunday with funds going to support organizations that help with women's issues)

AND after over a month of warm weather, many trails have firmed up in the last few days of freezing weather. (today was best running in a long time)

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
        Love the Half

I used to watch it mainly for the ads but now they're all on YouTube the next day so you don't need to watch it for that.  I'll watch the Superbowl kind of like I watch all NFL games -- not at all in the first half, pay a little bit of attention during the 3rd quarter and then actually sit down to watch the last 5 minutes.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Will run for scenery.

AND after over a month of warm weather, many trails have firmed up in the last few days of freezing weather. (today was best running in a long time)

Are you saying that January has been too warm for good running ....... in Alaska ???

I know a few folks who might get a kick out of that!  

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

happylily

I so much don't give a crap that I might take down the Christmas tree early this year. Or, if that seems too daunting a task, I'll take a nap on the couch, all bundled and drugged up, and hope that bedtime comes soon enough.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I don't give a crap for the game or the commercials. What I do care about it how many people are suddenly going to develop "the stomach flu" and not be able to come in  tomorrow. (A common occurrence at my workplace after any big game) On the bright side though, stores and gyms are practically empty so yahoo!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

RSX

I so much don't give a crap that I might take down the Christmas tree early this year. Or, if that seems too daunting a task, I'll take a nap on the couch, all bundled and drugged up, and hope that bedtime comes soon enough.

Early? You may want to give it another week. Actually ours will be planted in 18 months, and will be used next Christmas before then.

1 of my friends posted that she will be watching the Puppy Bowl, then a Law and order Marathon. I love the event no matter who is in it. I may start a similar thread when the only thing to watch during the Olympics is figure skating.

Love the Half

Early? You may want to give it another week. Actually ours will be planted in 18 months, and will be used next Christmas before then.

1 of my friends posted that she will be watching the Puppy Bowl, then a Law and order Marathon. I love the event no matter who is in it. I may start a similar thread when the only thing to watch during the Olympics is figure skating.

Heh, heh, heh.  One of the good things about the proliferation of networks is that NBC might show all of the "up close and personal" sob story stuff on NBC but you can watch actual competition on MSNBC, CNBC, and NBC Sports Network as well as online streaming.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Don't-give-a-crap about the commercials so far. 

Nevrgivup

The half-time show was amazing and now I'm in love with Bruno Mars.  Could care less about the game.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

He's got some skill.

delicate flower

The half-time show was amazing and now I'm in love with Bruno Mars.  Could care less about the game.

I figured you'd have appreciated the David Beckham commercial.

<3

Nevrgivup

I figured you'd have appreciated the David Beckham commercial.

Shoot!! Must've been when dh changed the channel. Must youtube that!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

RSX

I only like some 2 of his songs, but saw him at the Grammy Award show last year, and like his energy so I figured he would be good in the SB. That was easily 1 of the best halftime shows.