Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins 7/12 and 7/13 (Read 24 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Hey guys!  The expo was fun yesterday.  I got my name on my shirt for $3, bought an expandable headband thingy, and met with the 1:55 pacer.  He is planning to start ahead of paces (yikes, I know), but that's because the point-to-point course is on a downhill for the first 10K.  So the plan is to be 1 minute ahead at the 10K mark, then ease up a tad since the rest of the course is rolling hills.  To me that sounds reasonable and not too crazy.  Plus, theoretically 1:55 should not be that aggressive of a pace for me the way that training has been going.  So I think the plan is to start with him and enjoy the company and somebody else doing the fretting over pace, but to let them go if he seems to be further ahead of pace than what he said.

Today I have 4 easy on the schedule in a bit.  Then I am going to a group activity for the students and my daughter should be there!  This will be my first time seeing her in 3 weeks. Smile

on my way to badass

Happy Weekend Penguins! Thanks for starting us off Z. Enjoy your race! It sounds like you have a great race plan. 3 easy for me today and maybe a bike ride. Also a graduation party and a 40th birthday party. Busy, busy.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either an easy run or my LR tonight.  We'll see.

Good luck, Z.  Make sure to slow down if you feel the pacer is too aggressive for your goal!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Z, Stone, and D.

Have a great race tomorrow, Z.  Really enjoy your blog and pix.  Have fun with DD and your students.

Your 40th Stone?  Enjoy the party.

Have a good easy or  LR, D.

Hope your feeling better for the party, Cherie.

RD for us.  Looks like we are going to have a stormy day, so glad we got the LR in yesterday.  Knees are still achy, but they get better when I walk around.  We may be visited by DD1 or DD2, or maybe both.  They visit when they are bored.

Have a great weekend  !!!

SheCan

G'morning penguins!

Zelanie, good luck, and have fun today!

StoneFence-- Happy 40th B-day!

Docket-- Good luck with your weather tonight!

Jerry-- enjoy the rest day, and may your daughters be bored today!

An easy, and very pleasant 5-1/2 today.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Pens.

10.1 miles done at an 8:19 pace. Now we have a swim meet (today and tomorrow) with DD2.

Zel: Have fun!

SF: Two parties? Let's hope they have some good beer.

D: You could always do an LR at an easy pace. Wink

Jerry: That's nice of the kids to visit (when they are bored). It must feel good to know that you are so high on the priority list.

She Can: Thanks for sharing the pictures of you and your DH. Nice run this morning. I also have to get out early before it gets too hot.

See ya.

on my way to badass

I wish it was my 40th birthday, alas it is someone else's birthday. I am a few years past 40. The graduation party is next door so I REALLY hope for good beer there.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Bin Running

Mel, feel so excited for you. First or last name in the running shirt?

Spurred on by my wife and woke up early to knock off 9M. A little slow but enjoyed it.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

PADRunner

Morning all!

Simple 5K this morning. 31:22 3rd AG

Good Luck Z!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on taking 3rd in your AG PAD.   Hope you don't have to go to work now.

PADRunner

Thanks, and yes I do. Last day of the season then I'm back to M-F

Zelanie

PAD, Congrats on the AG and the regular work schedule!

Bin- First name.  My last name wouldn't fit, and nobody would be able to pronounce it anyway.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I see Z crossed the finish line of her HM.  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

4 easy miles.

Z: good job. Smile I hope we get a race report.