Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Not a day you want to skip a run (Read 37 times)

LRB

Office party!

So despite missing my wake-up call by 50 damn minutes, I am going to head out for a jog from home so I can do my coworker's Heath Bar cake justice.

Peace!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

His LRB. Heath bar cake?  I'm not a huge Heath bar fan

rest day for me. Training today then long drive home. But two conference calls on the way back to fill the time.

Marjorie

silver_springs77

pass on the heath bar cake.... but will share cookies! might have to do a walk on my rest day to make up for it....

have a safe drive home Marjorie!!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

delicate flower

Happy Thursday now what ya say HA!  7 miles last night at a 7:39 avg pace.  The whole time I thought "How the hell did I just run a marathon at this pace??"   Not a tempo effort, but I also wasn't going easy.   SRD today, though I'll probably hit the gym for some strength training.

<3

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! Up super early for a 90-minute medium long run in the sleet - so many winter running game points! Now I would like to crawl into a cocoon of blankets, but alas I must shower and go to work instead. Holiday party, aka free lunch, later so that softens the blow a bit.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am working from home but instead of running before work (an MLR) I opted for sleep and work.  Pilates and some running tonight.  I think I am ready.

Except the junk on my chest is nasty.

And I gave this shit to my husband, yay!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

pass on the heath bar cake.... but will share cookies! might have to do a walk on my rest day to make up for it....

have a safe drive home Marjorie!!

Wait, silver_springs.  Are you who I think you are, Erin?  I cannot see well on the avatar.  If not, nevermind.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

URD x too many. I think I'm at like the 8th URD in two weeks - but my right knee is feeling a bit better. Hopefully by Sunday I will be able to run, because I really want to do a Christmas lights run with friends that evening.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

I'm running about 20 minutes behind as well, but I'll try to sneak the run in.

onemile

Happy Thursday now what ya say HA!  7 miles last night at a 7:39 avg pace.  The whole time I thought "How the hell did I just run a marathon at this pace??"   Not a tempo effort, but I also wasn't going easy.   SRD today, though I'll probably hit the gym for some strength training.

I thought your coach wanted you doing easy miles this week.   

I ran 8 this morning.

LRB

Heath bar cake?  I'm not a huge Heath bar fan

It's actually called better than sex cake (recipe) and only has Heath bar chips to top if off. My coworker cannot say better than sex though without blushing so I call it what she calls it and truth be told, the name could not be more appropriate.

delicate flower

I thought your coach wanted you doing easy miles this week.   

I ran 8 this morning.

He said "no more than 20 miles."  He did not say I had to run them easy, and so I didn't ask.  

<3

onemile

It's actually called better than sex cake (recipe) and only has Heath bar chips to top if off. My coworker cannot say better than sex though without blushing so I call it what she calls it and truth be told, the name could not be more appropriate.

I made this cake once. And honestly... sex is better.

LRB

I made this cake once. And honestly... sex is better.

I was speaking figuratively, of course. 

Having said that I have had other iterations of it that were less than underwhelming, the way she makes hers though is one where I will not pass on it as I pass on everything else that makes its way to our "treat tray".

Docket_Rocket

URD x too many. I think I'm at like the 8th URD in two weeks - but my right knee is feeling a bit better. Hopefully by Sunday I will be able to run, because I really want to do a Christmas lights run with friends that evening.

Glad to hear the knee is getting better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page