Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins - 2012 Is Going, Going... (Read 189 times)

Hello Penguins!!  Happy New Year All.  I ended the year with 120 miles that I logged since October 25! I started running in September but didnt think to keep track of my miles until a month later! I am pretty happy with those numbers considering I only ever ran the 1 mile test in high school and that was 8 years ago!

I used my new shoes for the second time today, 3.5 treadmill miles.  I am loving the shoes, they are so cushy, however I think that the treadmill and I are going to have to part ways.  I can run outside and not notice a thing, but when I run on the treadmill I change my stance and therefore my left knee feels funny when I get off.  It never hurts, but feels a little like jello for about 5 minutes until I walk it off.  Its weird, but I think it has to do with the motion of the belt! Ohh well I am sure the treadmills at the gym havent been looked at since they were put in 3 years ago and they get plenty of use!! I have the day off tomorrow so I am planning on taking my new shoes outside for the first time! A great way to start the year!!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Zelanie

Well it was dark and rainy by the time I could run today, but I got it done!  I didn't know how to use my Garmin in workout mode since I hadn't tried it before, so I ran the first probably 1.5 miles thinking I had started the warmup but I hadn't.  Then I went to hit pause and eventually realized that I had just started it then!  So I had to guess on my warmup distance.  But the LT intervals are done.  I was mad at my watch and myself the whole time I was running them thinking I had set them too fast, but once I was out there I was going to finish the run!  So I did.  and in the end it looks like I ran both 1.5 mile tempo intervals at the exact same pace, which is probably a good sign.