Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Step right up and post a run! (Read 39 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

I'll start; no running for me today, ha-ha.

Whose next?

B-Plus

Ffs, is it morning already?

Just gonna fuel up and then out the door in a few (hours).

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning.

SRD for me too today. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

10.1 tough miles, mentally and physically.. learned that cornstalk leaves are not a good choice for wiping... Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Started my run at 5:30am and it was already 85F and FFS humid (75 dewpoint)--92F at the end.  Still, a strong 18 with the last 9 @ MP +10% and they were fast.  Very happy with my jungle run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a great day.

B-Plus, enjoy your run.

Burrrrn, have a great day.

FreeSoul87, terrific 10.1.

Damaris, sweet soupy eighteen.

I'm not going to the gym today. I do free weights, ab work, and push-ups at home. I'll go outside for a run at around 4:00 p.m.. I don't know whether I'll do my long run for the week (17.0 miles) today and an easy seven-miler tomorrow or vice versa. I had a medical procedure that forced me to take an URD on Friday. I still feel some mild discomfort, but am cleared to exercise. I'll see what I can do.

Sometime this afternoon, I'll give myself a nice long shower, a full-body scrub, and a pedicure without polish. All that warm water should help me feel better.

Hi dailies:

Rick - enjoy the day off

B+ - same plan here

Burrn - hi

Free - well, they're better than poison ivy would have been

D - great job in the jungle

Basya - glad you're feeling ok to run again

L to the R after some break to the fast.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did race #45 for the year on Saturday, Aug 3:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/b00372b299d94928b06603e3102556e5/resume#focus

SunDAILIES is right.  Followed my 5K up by doing a hill route around my neighborhood this morning.  It was already over 80 by the time I went out my front door at 7 a.m, with a 'feels like" temp of 85 and dewpoint of 75, gaaack!.   Very humid too! By the time I was finished I was drenched in sweat.  Went back in the house, drank some gatorade and then laid on the floor under the fan doing my post-run back exercises and stretching.  I will now be lazy for the rest of the day! Big grin  Especially as our temp is once again heading to over 100 degrees...102 for a high today.   Hoping for the Hall of Fame game tonite that Miami beats the Damn Dallas Cowboys!

Enjoy your no-run day, LRB and Andrew!

Well, congrats on getting through the 10 tough miles, FreeSoul. Umm, just cuz it comes from a corstalk does not mean to use it on your cornhole! Joking

Way to go with a strong run, Damaris, especially in dealing with the weather you have.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, Basya, and hope you are back to 100% in no time after your procedure.   My personal vote is for the long shower, body scrub, and pedicure, and skip all the rest.  As active as you are, taking a rest day today is not going to have any negative impact, IMHO, on your training.  Joking

Happy SunDAILIES, Jay!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jay716, very true lol.

Scotty - hahaha, I had no other choice. It's pretty bad when the first 2 miles I am near a gas station but everything is locked up until 6 miles and the only thing around me is a cornfield to hide in Undecided. Not to mention I forgot to roll some glide stuff on my thighs so now they are raw and hurting, and I promised DH I would help him clean our camper today...... when right now I feel so useless and tired.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

freesoul - ouch

D - nice job! welcome to the jungle..

basya - can't go wrong either way

scotty - congrats on 45

jay - enjoy breaking the fast

easy 8 this morning...family visiting from st. Louis this week...good excuse to catch a ball game...happy sunday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Freesoul - Cornstalks - ouch!

LOL - Hi Jay.

Hi dailies:

Rick - enjoy the day off

B+ - same plan here

Burrn - hi

Free - well, they're better than poison ivy would have been

D - great job in the jungle

Basya - glad you're feeling ok to run again

L to the R after some break to the fast.

- Andrew

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Sunday, Dailies!

Hope that all are doing well.

No comments on the cornstalk situation.

4 recovery miles today after yesterday's long run. They were a little bit of a strain, but it felt good to finish! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

I have never reached for a cornstalk for anything other than ripping it from the corn but I can just imagine how painful it would be!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I have never reached for a cornstalk for anything other than ripping it from the corn but I can just imagine how painful it would be!

Yeah at that point I would just slide my ass across the ground like my dog does lol!