Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are open for business (Read 40 times)

LRB

'Sup yo!

Yep, I am heading out to run.  You?

Good morning, folks.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your run.

I'm about to do forty-five minutes on the AMT. I'll do weights after work.

happylily

12 with 1000m intervals.

Oh and good morning!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

5 with 3 at tempo on the treadmill.

Tried out some new shorts i just picked up - the built-in liner is basically a pair of compression shorts. Very nice.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy April everyone!!!!

Rocky and I got in 6 miles this morning, I was actually able to wear my shorts and even went ahead and took my shirt off around 1.5 miles!!!!! It was 58 degrees!!!!

I actually had a bad dream before waking up, I thought I had looked at my phone to see it saying 6:59 AM and thinking FUCKING HELL, I set my alarm for 4:45 AM!!!! I woke up mad because I knew I'd have to wait until this afternoon to run, but 5 minutes later I look at my watch and it said 4:39 AM... awesome.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning.  Hope you're all in a better mood that I am this morning.

9 miles of speedwork on the treadmill last night.  Whatever.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning! This is likely my RD for the week. Couldn't leave DS home alone to run early, and I am watching a friend's little girl much of the day. It may be just as well, since I tweaked my sore knee just a bit again last night.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I got lazy yesterday and went home after work instead of doing my weight training circuit.   Gail and I did do a 10 pm late evening walk around the neighborhood  of  about a mile. It was very pleasant, lots of start out, a nice little breeze blowing, 68 degrees and low humidity.

Today after work, at 6:30 pm, I am doing the April Fools 5K at a local park.  However, since it's April Fools, it MAY be a 5K or it may be longer...or shorter....and there may be some 'surprises' along the course...so the race description says.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 with strides today.  If I have time, I'll do weights, but we'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

7 easy done, the last 3 of which were run in the 7:30's. I am unsure why that is as I have never run that pace as an easy pace.

In years past I would have purposely slowed down but having a better understanding of running easy at effort not pace I just ran with it so to speak.

Still, I would not have expected to run that smoothly 48 hours removed from a half marathon.  Even my very first step this morning came without issue.

Who knows, maybe it was a fluke.  In any event it was a great run, most of which was spent daydreaming about stuff.  ;-)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

Basya, what's an AMT?   Yeah, do weights after work, make me feel guilty I didn't do mine yesterday.

Nice, DaveP, where did you find shorts like that?

and even went ahead and took my shirt off around 1.5 miles!!!!!   Sorry about the bad dream though, FreeSoul, but glad it was only a bad dream and not reality.  I wish I had "bad dreams" like yours instead of the ones I do have...I usually end up waking up with night sweats and the sheet soaked through.

Pin this to your shirt, Baboon...

Hope your day gets better!

Sorry about tweaking the knee, Step.  Got Biofreeze?

Do you do weights every day, Damaris?  Once a week for me...I should do them twice a week, per my doc's suggestion, but he's happy if I get at least once a week in.

Still, I would not have expected to run that smoothly 48 hours removed from a half marathon.  Even my very first step this morning came without issue. Who knows, maybe it was a fluke.   Naw, LRB, it was no fluke, and doesn't surprise me at all the half hardly affected you.  After all, you are...

SUPER RUNNER!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

I ran out of time yesterday, Scotty, so I didn't do the weights then.  I do 3-4 times a week when I do.  I do pushups and situps/core work every day as part of a streak, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wonder how heavy those antlers are lol. I am really glad it was a bad dream, but it was awful dream lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Hilarious!

Nice, DaveP, where did you find shorts like that?

A little out of the way place called Dick's Sporting Goods, from a little known company called Nike. Cost a fortune, but I suppose no more than a pair of shorts + a pair of compression shorts. But they are comfy.

Dave