Beginners and Beyond

ThriDAILY Penguins (Read 24 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thriday (noun) : when Thursday is your final workday of the week rather than Friday -

Good Morning  !!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I want Thriday!

It was dark and wet this morning.  So, I jumped on the TM for a bit this morning.  Then, the batteries in my MP3 player died.  I plugged in P3's iPod.  I stopped running after a couple minutes of "Party In The USA".  I'll be out in the heat running again tonight.  That was bad.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Philliefan33

<sing>  Ay, aaay, aaay, party in the USA </sing>

Thanks Awood, for planting that earworm.  Joking

Good morning all.

Jerry, Thriday seems like something to aspire to.  DH has something similar -- he retired from his career 2.5 years ago, and now works just four hours per day at a totally unrelated job that is mostly physical tasks, but no heavy lifting.  It keeps him busy and gives him somebody to talk to.

I did 8 miles running and 1 minute planking last night.  Today is a RD from the running.  I guess I can manage the planking. Roll eyes

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Margo, hope DH enjoys retirement.  I must be a workaholic working 5 hour days.  No lifting for me, still sitting in a cube 8 years after retiring.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Thriday to Jerry!

Holidays for August 22nd are "Be An Angel Day",  "Tooth Fairy Day" and "Peach Day".  (peaches..yuk)

peaches cartoons, peaches cartoon, peaches picture, peaches pictures, peaches image, peaches images, peaches illustration, peaches illustrations

peaches cartoons, peaches cartoon, peaches picture, peaches pictures, peaches image, peaches images, peaches illustration, peaches illustrations

photo peach1_zps2de3254e.gif

tooth fairy cartoons, tooth fairy cartoon, tooth fairy picture, tooth fairy pictures, tooth fairy image, tooth fairy images, tooth fairy illustration, tooth fairy illustrations

tooth fairy cartoons, tooth fairy cartoon, tooth fairy picture, tooth fairy pictures, tooth fairy image, tooth fairy images, tooth fairy illustration, tooth fairy illustrations

photo angel_zpsef894c2a.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10 miles done; more tonight.  I would've done everything at once but I have to travel again and I need to get ready.  have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Jerry, learnt a new word today..

Awood, now I need to go youtube to listen to it..

Margo, enjoy the RD and planking.. I tried planking today too..

Scotty, Hi!

Damaris, enjoy the double..

6M done in the morning.. Keeping it slow and short.. Tried planking and I can hold for 2mins.. Notice all that coughing actually tone up my stomach a bit.. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - What do you eat?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

From the Internet.

Sadly I never get a Thriday (I actually go into work for at least a few minutes every single day - hooray science) but my boss is out of the country for another 10 days and I'm still waiting on some stuff that I need to start my next experiment so it's been an easy week anyway.

Scotty - What do you eat?

Seriously Scotty, inquiring minds want to know! Smile Peaches are my absolute favorite, I will eat one for you and one for me in honor of Peach Day!

Awood - what an unpleasant surprise, haha

I felt somewhat better this morning, got in just about 4.4 miles and another 1 or so walking. Miserably humid, I was drenched when I got home. I planked for 65 seconds yesterday, will go for 70 later today - was too hungry to do it right after my run and anything core-related after breakfast is just a bad idea for me.

Zelanie

Morning!  Today is NOT my Thriday, sadly.  1:20 plank, and I will run 6ish with the running club later on.

Jerry- Happy Thriday!  That doesn't sound too much like retirement to me!

Awood- You can take cold, and dark, and marathon training just fine, but can't handle a little "Party in the USA"?  Hah!

Margo- Nice run!

Scotty- No peaches, either?  I am disappointed.

D- Sounds like a great run this morning!  Hope the rest of the miles go well too!

Bin- Glad you were able to get a run in.

Bin Running

Party in the USA is quite catchy.. the one by Miley Cyrus, right?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Man, I wish I had a Thirday.

Scotty: I promised you I would start core and I did! I tried doing the 20 different plank positions video that She Can posted. I was able to do most of them (though not for 20 seconds each) but I had a hard time with the opposite arm/leg. I will keep at it.

Last night I did a five mile recovery run and noticed on my summary page that it put me over 1000 miles for the year. Smile Tonight I have an 8 mile tempo run with the middle four miles @ 7:25 pace.

Have a good day.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This day is perfect because I'm ALWAYS an angel Wink And I'm in Georgia the Peach State!!

Had a hill workout this morning.....which is fitting since all I've been running are hills this week, my grandma's neighborhood has nothing but! 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Penguins!!  It's my Thriday as well, as I will be laundering and packing tomorrow for our trip to the Oregon Coast, which starts on Saturday!!  It should be a really nice time -- we meet up with a friend of mine in Eugene Saturday night and Sunday, and then we meet up with my in-laws and DH's family for a week at the beach.  Woo-hoo!!

I doubt I'll be around much next week -- I'm going to attempt to unplug as much as possible.  My goal is to only check e-mail and FB once a day!  Funny how I suspect I'll find that difficult ...  Blush

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.