Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES: T-Minus Sixty Hours (Read 49 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Guten Morgen.

My coffee still hasn't begun to do its thing.

Because of time constraints, I have to move speed work to tomorrow evening. I still have time to do something, so I'll do three super-slow miles on an incline on the TM before work.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Now if only I can get back to bed.  May I?

Basya, sorry about the time constraints.  Just do what you can and take care of the intervals tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Merry Wednesday, nacho alfredos!  1.5 workdays until a long weekend.  I've got some easy running on my post-work schedule today.

I think I have decided on my next marathon:  Vermont City Marathon in late May of next year.  I've got nine months to train and figure out a goal. 

<3

Damaris, enjoy the six.

Phil, you have it in the bag.

Oh, last night, I did weights, push-ups, ab work, and an hour on the ArcTrainer.

I had been walking on the treadmill for about two minutes this morning when both my calves began cramping. So, I hopped off and did half an hour of rolling and stretching. It took ten consecutive minutes on the Calf Master stretcher until my legs began to feel normal. Oy, vey.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Wednesday. July 31's bizarre holiday is right up my alley:  Mutt's Day!

mutt cartoons, mutt cartoon, mutt picture, mutt pictures, mutt image, mutt images, mutt illustration, mutt illustrations

mutt cartoons, mutt cartoon, mutt picture, mutt pictures, mutt image, mutt images, mutt illustration, mutt illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Will run for scenery.

Well the weather looks good until noon, so I'm gonna do another run up on the mountain.  Today's trail is 5.4 miles one way, from 12000' down to 10000' and then back up.  I have to take the toll road to get there.  Before that : coffee !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Morning.  2.5 painful miles around the neighborhood.  Got home and self-grastoned and iced, woke up for the first time in a month with almost NO pain.  XC race tonight.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

10 miles for me after work.

Phil, that race is on my list eventually. I just need to figure out if I hate marathons or not. I'll find out in 5.5 weeks.

Hip Redux

Morning!

10 miles for me after work.

Phil, that race is on my list eventually. I just need to figure out if I hate marathons or not. I'll find out in 5.5 weeks.

Hey! Where you been?

Pinktastic

Good Morning Running Friends!!

I am way beyond hungry this morning.   I might have to get some breakfast soon……

Basya – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Yowza!   Sounds like your calves were crazy tight.   Glad you were able to get them stretched out.   Have a Pinkerrific day!!

Damaris – Go back to bed?  Of course, I give you approval to do that, but it’s not like I count in that regard.   ;-)   Hope you get some good rest tonight after your workout!

Phil – I’m very envious of your schedule for the next little bit.    Hope you’re doing something Pinktacular with your long weekend!    At the rate you’re running now, I think that you’re going to KILL that May marathon!!

Scotty – Since’s it’s Mutt’s Day are you going to run your “dog route” today?  I think that would be appropriate!!   Thanks for the laughs this morning!!

JJS – That sounds like a challenging run you have planned for today!!  I hope you enjoy it!!

Oski – Hooray for no pain this morning!!   Good luck with the XC race tonight!!

April – I hope that your 10 go incredibly smoothly for you tonight!!  You should totally run the same marathon with Phil and then y’all can FE and post pics of the event!!  That sounds like fun!!  Do it!!   Do it!!  Do it!!!    :-)

I walked Abby for 35 minutes and then ran 5.28 miles this morning.   I felt pressed for time this morning so I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to get my goal of 5 miles in before work.   Before mile 2, I was negotiating with myself about cutting the run short because I felt like I was getting too hot, but I managed to eek out the whole run.   I was s-l-o-w, but I got it done.  So, bring on breakfast!!

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run leave you feeling like no obstacle is too tough and all of your goals are achievable!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! 9 miles done around a 10:10 overall pace, though I miss our super-cool temps from last week. With 90% humidity, I was very drippy by the end. Last couple miles were getting tough, so I'm looking forward to a short 4-miler tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

I considered it last year but wanted to find one that included a HM option for DW.  Vermont City offers a FM relay via raffle.  Hopefully DW can get in.  My other option is Providence, which I did in 2012 (it's functional).  Since Vermont City is late May, it'll allow me to do all the earlier spring races I want to do without messing with marathon training too much. 

<3

Will run for scenery.

What I saw....

I considered it last year but wanted to find one that included a Waffle.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hey! Where you been?

Smile I was AWOL for a few days but now I'm back.