Beginners and Beyond

Get your WednesDAILIES here (link) (Read 41 times)

LRB

'Sup crew!

There are only 23 days left in this wretched month, that makes me happy!

Anyhoo, I am getting ready to head out to the gym for my morning therapy session.  Where I will be day dreaming about running outside, while running on the belt.  lol

What cha got for me today peeps?

happylily

Still sick, I'm about to break a record in sickness longevity and that's exciting! Woohoo!

Urgh... I have a lovely medium long run of 16 miles (that's 15 + one mile trying to catch up to lost miles last week because I'm OCD), courtesy of Mr Pfitz. I don't mind running long on the weekend, but like it less on a week night, after work. I find it daunting.

I hope you all have more fun and exciting runs or rest days!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING and holy hell is the snow dumping this morning!  That was one of the worst drives into work I've had yet.  The highway was in decent shape, but the 10 miles I drive to get to the highway were a complete mess.  Looks like town plows took the day off.  I've driven in worse storms, but the timing of this one was perfectly bad.  My normal 45 minute drive (35 miles) took 80 minutes.

8 treadmill miles at 8:22 pace last night.  My legs still have a ways to go before I'm fully recovered from the ski trip.  That pace is usually pretty easy, but yesterday it was hard.  More treadmill tonight.

<3

10 on the treadmill this morning.

Dave

Happy Wednesday, people!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread.

Enjoy the therapy session.

Lily, have a pleasant sixteen-miler.

Phil, have fun on the TM.

DaveP MI, terrific ten. I'm heading to the gym later.

The plan is to do weights, then do an easy run that's longer than the usual six or seven. I have extra time, now that school is closed for the day. Now? I'm going back to bed.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Hopefully, the bike will arrive today and I ccan get to ride it. So a bike, run, or both workouts.

It is already 80F here and I just got to the office.  Glad I will be in court all day under the AC because it's going to be a scorcher.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

photo PenguinDog_zpscde4cc5a.jpg

I had a very nice run/walk yesterday after work.  Weather was so pleasant - 72 degrees, very sunny, cloudless blue skies - that I went to the San Antonio Riverwalk for my miles.  Goal was to do 3 easy miles, but I felt so good and the day was so pleasant that I kept going for a while longer and ended up with 4.1 miles.  Nice.   Slept pretty good last night, but had a weird dream in which Dave2, Zelanie, and SIAR took me to the track to try and teach me about intervals and speedwork, lol. They told me "We know you're slower than us, Scotty, so just follow our backs and do what we do."  So they took off and I followed, and around the track we went!  But then I noticed this guy was on the infield of the track and he had this beautiful Great Dane...so I diverted off into the infield to go play with the dog.    Dave looked around behind him and said "Uh oh...doggie in the infield, I think we just lost Scotty...."   and then my cat woke me up, meowing in my face telling me to let him out.   Even in my dreams, I guess I'm just not cut out for doing speeedwork, lol.    We still have crazy weather.  Yesterday a high of 75.  Today we are back in the 30s this morning and our high will only be in the 50s.  Tomorrow we may get freezing rain!  Sheesh!   Today is a non-running day, plan on my weight training circuit after work.

Now, LRB, if you'd just move to a state with better weather, the month would not be so wretched.  Or would it?

Sorry you are still sick, lily.   How you can be sick and still run that long distance is pretty impressive to me. You need to get a Wonder Woman outfit.

Phil, stay safe!

Congrats on your 10, DaveP!

Enjoy the sleeping in, Basya!

80 sounds really nice to me, Damaris!  I wish it were 80 here!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I did make it to the gym last night, but only got 1 elliptical mile and 2 TM miles in before they were closing and kicked me off the treadmill. Went to 6am spin class this morning and as soon as I walked into the gym got a call my school is closed due to the snow and ice storm. So I went to class and stayed another hour after to do strength stuff. Now going to relax and watch some TV.

Update on my cousin's wife: They moved her to Cornell Medical in NYC very early this morning before the storm hit to have brain surgery by the best surgeon for the type of brain surgery she needs in order to remove the tumor that is causing all these issues and will kill her soon if it doesn't come out. It was a dangerous transfer because she is still on life support due to the cardiomyopathy and her heart being very weak, but she is in the best place possible to have the brain surgery that she needs in order to live. Surgery today hopefully. Prayers!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day and travel after meeting.

Marjorie

happylily

Kristin, I'm praying for her. Keep us informed, please.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin, I'm praying for her. Keep us informed, please.

Thank you. Will do.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Kristin, good luck to your family.

Rick, I couldn't agree more. We start warming up in March - I can't wait.

Scotty, what a dream!

AFM, 6+ miles on the TM this morning. I was doing Intervals. 4x5min with 3 min recoveries.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

LRB

Now, LRB, if you'd just move to a state with better weather, the month would not be so wretched.  Or would it?

Well summer is my least favorite season and has been my entire life so Kentucky or thereabouts is about as far south as I would go.  You may actually find me in Colorado someday.  The great West appeals to me for some reason...I love the skyline out there.  Love it!

Lily, hopefully you have been eating healthy to give your body what it needs to fight that stupid bug off.

Boon, I feel you on the bizarre nature of some of these drives in to work.  That is not a good way to start the day.

D, you would not be riding a bike in the shit we have here that is for sure.

Enjoy the nap B!

Scotty that pic is hilarious!

Drew, those look like tempo intervals, yes?

Good morning Marj, Dave & Kris!

As for me, I got in 7 easy and had a couple of great ideas during the run about something, but I have since completely forgotten what either of them were!  

delicate flower

kristin, continued thoughts and best wishes to your cousin.

It dawned on me this morning and I had knee surgery one year ago today.  Good times.  I am a little surprised at how well I rebounded.  Wish I could take another six weeks off from work though. 

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  One of the other robotics moms is training for the local HM, so I met her for a run yesterday.  She only wanted 2-3 and my schedule called for 8, so I ran 6 first.  Then we ended up running 3 together.  It was nice!  She is slow and was worried about that, but in the end our average pace was right at the top of E pace according to Daniels, so that worked out just fine. Smile

Today I have to take my dog up to Portland, and I will hopefully make it back for the track workout.  Only this week, it looks like they're running tempo pace and I need to run at Interval pace.  Oh well, at least I will have company!

Scotty- Too funny!  That would be what it would be like to have you at the track.   But I have to say that we have all ages and paces at our workout.  I think the oldest participant is in her 80s.  The nice thing about a track is that no matter how fast or slow you are, you're never more than 200m from everybody else!