Beginners and Beyond

Choppy Saturdailies (Read 47 times)

Docket_Rocket

It's getting choppy here before a cold front arrives.  I cannot wait.

5 miles and weights tonight.  I am currently at the Lincoln dealer getting my car serviced. They have wifi and public computers.  Score!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Good dealer you have.

I will be running in very nice weather this afternoon - just below freezing, with not much wind.

How is everyone else doing?

LRB

They have wifi and public computers.  Score!

Amen! Bonus points for charging stations.

happylily

You get better service at car dealers than at medical clinics, that's for sure...

Enjoy the cooler day, Damaris!

Yes, Cy, finally some reprieve from the freezing cold. Have a great run!

I have 11 easy miles soon after I finish my second cup of coffee. Then some house chores, then supper later at my SIL's place. Mmm... food I don't have to cook always tastes better.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, the guy at the service counter is super sick. Hope I didn't catch it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ugh, the guy at the service counter is super sick. Hope I didn't catch it.

People get sick in your weather?

delicate flower

Lots of canceled flights out of Hartford so we hopped on an earlier one.  So, up at 4:00 for a 7:00 departure.  In Chicago now to connect to Denver.

<3

LRB

Lots of canceled flights out of Hartford so we hopped on an earlier one.  So, up at 4:00 for a 7:00 departure.  In Chicago now to connect to Denver.

Kewl. You mapping your trip with the GPS or did you throw it out the window on the way to the airport.

LRB

It's an international city, homo sapiens bring the filth from all over the world. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I had a 3 miler scheduled this morning, but Dorian woke up at 1 AM puking, then I think he puked again around 2 AM. He was very pissed off and just wanted to sleep, he's doing much better now - back to his normal, happy, rambunctious self. Not sure what or why, but I hope it is over. Maybe I'll get the 3 miler in later this afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

11 miles this morning in what felt like a friggin wind tunnel at times...haven't run in that kind of wind in a while, but it was kinda fun actually...forget about trying to keep any particular pace. anyway have a great saturday everyone...and safe travels too.

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Yes, cause it's cold. 

But seriously, half the office got the flu not long ago.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Great.  Good luck with Chicago, though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It's an international city, homo sapiens bring the filth from all over the world. lol

That too.

PS, I accidentally censored your post, da fuck?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

That too.

PS, I accidentally censored your post, da fuck?

Becoming a prude are we. lol