Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: My Posse on Broadway (Read 47 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Go.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  RD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

What would the BF do?

A friend of mine, who apparently just started running this week, posted last night that he finished 3.2 miles in 18.5 minutes. I know this guy, it is beyond unlikely, so i commented that he made a typo. I went to check this morning and he actually deleted my comment. I don't know why but this makes me really mad. I just wrote "not cool :/" because unfortunately this guy cooks the food at my favorite restaurant.

Anyway I once I get off my butt I will be running seven. I didn't get much sleep last night, which seems to be the new thing Sad

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, he does care about the truth.  Maybe he ran 3K?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello, internet friends, and a happy good morning to you all!  7 real easy treadmill miles yesterday.  8:32 pace and 138 avg heart rate, both things I am very happy with.  I've got more jump jump jump PT this afternoon, and I may hit up the gym after as well.  Have I mentioned I have my first duathlon Sunday?  Not sure I mentioned that yet.

MBC wanted waffles and eggs for dinner last night, so waffles and eggs we had. 

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 12th!  Today's 'bizarre' holidays are Pecan Pie Day and Different Colored Eyes Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Now I want pecan pie.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Apparently, he does care about the truth.  Maybe he ran 3K?

I was thinking 28 because his first run earlier this week he said he was out for a half hour. A mutual friend commented the same.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  After work will be picking up my packets for my 8K event on Saturday morning and my 5K event on Sunday morning.  Saturday race predicted weather:  79 degrees at 8 a.m., 76 percent humidity, and a dew point, thank goodness, under 70, at 68.     Sunday will be better, only 77 degrees, 67% humidity and dew point of only 64.

Enjoy your RD, Damaris.

Wow, LRB, a 7-shot revolver in your avatar! Big grin

You should invite him for a run, Lilac, and then see how he does.   Or see if he accepts the invitation at all.

Good luck with your duathlon this weekend, Phil!  Waffles and eggs?  That seems more appropriate for you after your physical therapy.  After you jump jump jump, you'd be ready for IHOP.  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

After you jump jump jump, you'd be ready for IHOP.  Wink

Well played, Scotty.  Big grin

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Jess, maybe you should comment "Wow! If you can run 3.2 miles in 18 minutes on a training run, you should run a 5k race. You'd win the thing."

The weather is AMAZING today. The dewpoint right now is 60, you guys. So, on the drive into work, I decided that since I'm getting out of work at 2 today (YAY flex Fridays!), I'm doing my long run today. 20 miles. I'll be done by dinnertime! By 2pm it's going to be 82 and 63* DP, and by 6 it's going to be down to 75/64. Yes please. Then I can sleep in tomorrow - holla.

I got a bagel from Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. Because carbo load for my run in 6 hours.

Docket_Rocket

I am having two dinuts from DD, April.  Sounds like we planned it!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Good, morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread.

Damaris, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

lilac_jive, have a pleasant run.

Phil, great seven-miler yesterday. Good luck with PT later.

scottydawg, you take rest days? I'm surprised.

AprilRunner, enjoy your long run.

I'm on my way to work. I made a pit stop at the gym for a tuneup. 8.0 miles in 1:15:06. 9:24 pace. One mile at 6.1 mph (9:49), followed by five minutes at 7.5 mph (8:00), five minutes at 6.1mph (9:49), five minutes at 7.5 mph (8:00), five minutes at 6.1mph (9:49), five minutes at 7.5 mph (8:00), and the remainder at 6.1mph (9:49). I wanted to continue, but employment was hollering.

I like my I pace. I felt speedySmile

Docket_Rocket

Nicely paced run, Basya.

Damaris

Fundraising Page