Beginners and Beyond

Running Times Forums and RW (Read 302 times)

Looks like RW deleated all of Running Times forums and started new. So all of their content is gone forever.

But I am not sure what kind of forums they had over there? I think I checked them out once and not much was going on.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I didn't like runningtimes. It was not fun over there. Wonder when they will pull the plug on rwol too. It is a mess on some of the forums right now. Glad we have a new home.

Marjorie

So in other words, I hope everyone saved off a copy of their stuff from RW.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Poor Moth. Every run for the last how many years is on that secret thread of his.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm sure he has all of that in a separate log too.

Thought Moth had his log in a thread on RWOL,

RT Forums seem  to have been zapped, wonder if they were overrun with spam also.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

RT is now at the very, very bottom of the RW Forums home page...I actually found it by accident earlier.

Docket_Rocket

I didn't like runningtimes. It was not fun over there. Wonder when they will pull the plug on rwol too. It is a mess on some of the forums right now. Glad we have a new home.

If you threw the towel, it's final.  I hope we don't lose the miles games and the 2013 in 2013 games now that we're here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Resident Historian

Running Times Forum had some very useful training discussions over several years, with a lot of knowledgeable people contributing.  Unfortunately it hasn't been useful since about 18 months ago, when it was totally hacked and taken over by "Albanian Pirates".  It took Rodale 2 weeks even to regain control.  Then Rodale just let the spammers take over - it was similar to the RW Forums now.  Rodale did dick all to fix it. 

They did not carry over content to the new forum, but it's not necessarily gone forever; the content may be stripped out into a readable reference. Some former poster on RT are attempting to get RT to allow this. 

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson