Beginners and Beyond

The Cheerleaders' Nag Thread. Warning to all: Drama (Read 350 times)

Birdwell

Can someone please add an NSFW to the title of this thread?

Not the picture I need to see pop up as people walk by.

Seriously!

(MJ5, you are awesome. I'm trying to catch up to your times as well, though I'm in a slightly different age group and gender than you)

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

It is seriously beyond my comprehension that the NAKED PICTURE has not been removed by a moderator.  I'd like to know the reasoning that makes this OK, but saying someone has a muffin top is such a heinous personal attack that it is grounds for immediate banning from the entire group.

Also, having just review the "B&B rules" or whatever in the sticky, it explicitly states DO NOT POST NAKED PICTURES.  So the question remains, why is that awful picture PIneGroveDave posted, violating the group rules, NOT removed yet.  For the love of God.  Enforce fairly.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Someone who runs a 2:18 half thinks she will be faster than MJ? Talk about rainbows, unicorns, and fantasies.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

I do not post often, only because I am a "new" runner.  I have no expertise after only a year or so of running.  I love lurking...I have learned so much from the majority of you.  I also enjoy some of the meltdown threads.  It keeps life entertaining (I know I should not admit that).

However, I feel like this thread is just mean.  It makes me sad to see people bashing others running times.  I agree that naked pics are inappropriate here.  But putting down people based on their running.....that really makes me sad.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Most of you who know me know I am supportive of people, no matter their speed.  So, don't take my comments toward FreeSoul personally.  But, 1) she and her little gang have purposely needled me, called me a prude, told me I had a stick up my ass, so the gloves are off; and 2) if someone says they can beat me in a race then be prepared to actually beat me in a race.  That's just facts, and being realistic.

bleach

Wow.  I had no idea any of this was going on.

MJ5 is holding her own quite nicely.

Now, sometimes some people make rational connections in their minds and sometimes those people say what those connections are and there are times when it crosses the line.  Ahem.

If an intelligent person sees a woman who is obviously a mom and married post a picture of her ass on the internet for attention, the first thought is "there's something wrong with this person" the second thought being "why would you post your ass picture if your ass was so big?" the third thought is "this person obviously has borderline personality disorder and there's no way that anything in the world is going to fix that shit..."  and the fourth thought is "she's obviously trolling for any male attention she can find, and there's her signature line with a half marathon time that she obviously is trying to brag about, because that's her personality, she needs attention..."  And the half marathon time is on the "slower" end of the spectrum for her age.  There are people out there that have a similar time and where no-one would ever think they're telling people this for "attention" but in this case, the intent is clear, she wants attention for everything.  Well, you post a slow time and you're an attention whore, then it's fair game.  If you're a normal person, who gives a shit how slow you are?  Whore yourself out and you're dirt.

I'm not saying it's right...but rather an immediate connection of thoughts based on her behavior.  And carrying around extra weight does slow people down.   Another "connection."

B-Plus

Hip Redux

I was going to stay out of this, but JHFC people.    Stop calling anyone's time "slow".  Because while you are trying to insult one person, you are in fact insulting a whole lot of other people on this forum who have worked hard to get their HM time to 2:18 or 2-whatever.   Not cool.

paulski66

miscreant

I was going to stay out of this, but JHFC people.    Stop calling anyone's time "slow".  Because while you are trying to insult one person, you are in fact insulting a whole lot of other people on this forum who have worked hard to get their HM time to 2:18 or 2-whatever.   Not cool.

Exactly!

Calling someone a desperate whore is fine, but for fuck's sake, don't call them slow, dammit!

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Nevrgivup

Amen. I do not need to know "her" in person to quickly evaluate what is going on. Honestly, I think its sad. If anything, I feel kind-of bad for women like this and those that feed into it. i.e. the men that encourage it.

Wow.  I had no idea any of this was going on.

MJ5 is holding her own quite nicely.

Now, sometimes some people make rational connections in their minds and sometimes those people say what those connections are and there are times when it crosses the line.  Ahem.

If an intelligent person sees a woman who is obviously a mom and married post a picture of her ass on the internet for attention, the first thought is "there's something wrong with this person" the second thought being "why would you post your ass picture if your ass was so big?" the third thought is "this person obviously has borderline personality disorder and there's no way that anything in the world is going to fix that shit..."  and the fourth thought is "she's obviously trolling for any male attention she can find, and there's her signature line with a half marathon time that she obviously is trying to brag about, because that's her personality, she needs attention..."  And the half marathon time is on the "slower" end of the spectrum for her age.  There are people out there that have a similar time and where no-one would ever think they're telling people this for "attention" but in this case, the intent is clear, she wants attention for everything.  Well, you post a slow time and you're an attention whore, then it's fair game.  If you're a normal person, who gives a shit how slow you are?  Whore yourself out and you're dirt.

I'm not saying it's right...but rather an immediate connection of thoughts based on her behavior.  And carrying around extra weight does slow people down.   Another "connection."

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Hip Redux

Exactly!

Calling someone a desperate whore is fine, but for fuck's sake, don't call them slow, dammit!

None of this is fine.   But for fuck's sake, let's try not to hurt others in the mud slinging.

MrNamtor

Exactly!

Personally, i consider myself more of a desperate whore than slow.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

None of this is fine.   But for fuck's sake, let's try not to hurt others in the mud slinging.

Oh, but it's totally cool to say I have a stick in my ass and imply that others who don't like the nude pics and sexual innuendo also have one. Yeah, that's cool. Whatever.  Go form a Facebook group to trade nudie shots.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Just keep publishing those finish times, people. It makes folks like me, at nearly 59 years old, feel fast.

And bleach. hehehehehe

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Mostly harmless

Slow is the new R word.  You can't call someone slow. You have to refer to them as "pace challenged."

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi