Beginners and Beyond

The Cheerleaders' Nag Thread. Warning to all: Drama (Read 350 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'd be scared if I ran into her on the streets......... dude she looks like a freaking giant man.  The first pic I mean, the second pic definitely looks like an attention whore.

Sailor Jerry is freaking awesome, I need more. I don't have tattoos but I love the tattoos that are on the bottle, for some reason those vintage ones just seem really cool.

Edit: I am now realizing that the second pic isn't even showing.

Man, that skeleton is one serious attention whore. Also Sailor Jerry.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

lord, I hope I AM boring!

When I was young, I wished for an exciting life and then joined the military.   Four wars, 3 helicopter crashes, and 4 knee surgeries later, my philosophy now is it is quite nice at times to have "boring" in your life.  Careful what you wish for!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

lord, I hope I AM boring!

When I was young, I wished for an exciting life and then joined the military.   Four wars, 3 helicopter crashes, and 4 knee surgeries later, my philosophy now is it is quite nice at times to have "boring" in your life.  Careful what you wish for!

Scotty, from the stories we read about some of your runs and races, your life is anything but boring. Big grin

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty, haven't you done nude races? I believe that does not go into the category of boring.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

flarunner

Against my better judgement...

As someone who lurks, reads and posts in both forums I'm going to have to disagree with the original post. Obviously, rumors and innuendo are much more exciting than reality.

In the original thread over in L&O, Paulski wrote the following:

...I visited the "Beginners and Beyond" forum today, and was a little surprised to see that it seemed to have significantly less activity than our little corner of the world here...

Nowhere in his original post or even the rest of that thread is there any mention about "boring". Just that there was less traffic in B&B than in L&O. And you know what, he's right. There has been significantly less traffic in this User Group in the past month or so.

There are over 700 members of this group, but only a handful of regular posters. Look at this specific thread and you'll see some people who posted who haven't posted in days, weeks, even months.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Oh and to batwoman there, here's a pic of the female skeleton anatomy since you appear to be unaware, hopefully it's idiot proof.

Notice the middle pic of the woman with her right hip kind of thrown out a bit? Granted, she's got bigger tits than me but someone with a brain could imagine looking at her from behind and see her hip stick out a bit, and one MIGHT think it's the stomach but only a bitter loser would stop there and comment. The third one is more similar but she isn't twisting around to look back you someone or something, which would be the upper torso turning but leaving the lower abdomen a bit forward facing. I bet you didn't know that.

This just seems unnecessarily nasty.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

RSX

This just seems unnecessarily nasty.

Compared to what she wrote?

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Yes, I don't think Batgirl was as caustic.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They're most likely friend RSX so don't waste your typing. Whatsherface could have said the nastiest things in the world, and THM would still defend her like she's an innocent angel while a picture of the skeletal anatomy is nasty...Roll eyes

flarunner, in my OP while I was just trying to make things a bit more interesting and "not slow", I was implying that L&O posters were implying that it was boring..

PRs

Better I Leave

Consider the source people and understand that they have flaws that they would rather not address. they choose to seek out flaws in others...it's much safer, easier, and simpler that way.

*waits to see what happens now*

gusgordon

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Consider the source people and understand that they have flaws that they would rather not address. they choose to seek out flaws in others...it's much safer, easier, and simpler that way.

*waits to see what happens now*

Nothing was sought out, it was put out there on public display in a public forum open to public commentary. You put yourself on display like that, be prepared for commentary of any type.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Docket_Rocket

I agree.  However, calling somebody fat and mocking their race times is uncalled for no matter what the person posted.  And that is the comment she was referring to which has been moderated and censored, which is why people cannot see it.

Nothing was sought out, it was put out there on public display in a public forum open to public commentary. You put yourself on display like that, be prepared for commentary of any type.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

And, might I add, it was posted in the first place with the intent of purposely needling, making fun of, etc., those of us who actually said something about the ridiculous behavior that had been going on at the time that the big "fight" (for lack and a better term) went down over salacious pictures and sexual innuendos always being posted. Somehow, though, that kind of thing is OK and it's FreeSoul who's the victim here apparently. Waaaah, pity party, someone called her fat. She was looking for that to happen with the things she posted (words and not just pics). This is why I rarely come here anymore. It's ridiculous. "Oh, it's boring here because people wanted it to be running related." What a crock. It's boring here because it's become a big clique and if you don't go along with everything some people want to do or say you get flamed.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

delicate flower

I can't decide if this thread is a great success or a massive fail.  Jury's still out, I guess.

<3