Beginners and Beyond

The Cheerleaders' Nag Thread. Warning to all: Drama (Read 350 times)

Nevrgivup

Agree, but than again posts like these remind me why I come here less and less. Its definitely not what it used to be.

Once again against my better judgement...

PGD, I understand that you're 52 years old and that you think you're in great shape, but this forum is not the place to show nude selfie pics. I would like to see it removed. And no, I'm not offended by it, but rather disgusted.

Nobody needs to see that.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Fistmaster General

I agree with banning people for making fun of someone's racing time. All the other stuff you mention here is trivial compared to that.

No one should ever degrade another poster here for their race time. Once people start doing that, the core purpose of this forum (supporting each other in our running) is defeated and the forum is worth crap. THAT is what would destroy this forum, not racy pics or calling someone names (like creep or unfit mother)

how about you leave that up to the people being "made fun" of.  Maybe its motivating to them.  Maybe they have thicker skin than you do and can take a little ribbing without getting all butthurt.   Are you the internet police?  I assume that all are adults here and just like the naked pic of wilford brimley up there, I can choose to ignore it just like a comment about my race times

"I... am a fucking moron." - MattM

nolamama

CQTM

naked pic of wilford brimley

This is funny.

wilford brimley?

Is he the guy with the die-uh-beat-us?

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

the naked pic of wilford brimley

Big grin

RSX

I'm not even sure how B&B is supposed to be as this thread has over 100 replies, while the questions and rrs don't do nearly as well.

MrNamtor

how about you leave that up to the people being "made fun" of.  Maybe its motivating to them.  Maybe they have thicker skin than you do and can take a little ribbing without getting all butthurt.   Are you the internet police?  I assume that all are adults here and just like the naked pic of wilford brimley up there, I can choose to ignore it just like a comment about my race times

If I called you an ignorant dickhead would that be motivational to you? Because I'd really love to help you out. Which way did you come in?

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I'm not even sure how B&B is supposed to be as this thread has over 100 replies, while the questions and rrs don't do nearly as well.

Because most people don't really want advice, they are just going to do what they want to do anyway and was reinforcement from others even when it's a bad idea. And there are just too many RR's on every little race to keep up. I've actually been posting a lot at RWOL because at least there's a turnover of actual running related topics centering around training ideas, science, etc. Oh, and no creepy nude pictures. Seriously, if that doesn't get someone banned, this is not a place I wish to frequent. It is highly offensive. But I'm sure that's what Cro-Magnon Dave was going for.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

If I called you an ignorant dickhead would that be motivational to you? Because I'd really love to help you out. Which way did you come in?

Once again, outright name calling which won't get you banned, but far less offensive things do. So backwards.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

MrNamtor

Once again, outright name calling which won't get you banned, but far less offensive things do. So backwards.

no. I didn't call him an ignorant dickhead. He seems to think that insults are motivational, and I just asked him if being insulted would motivate him. I didn't call him names.

paulski66

miscreant

He's not particularly fast, either...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

MrNamtor

I'm pretty good, been busy not posting pictures of my ass looking for attention from married guys while my husband and baby are at home. Also been busy not creating fake accounts and acting like a total creepy weirdo on Internet forums.

One problem i have with people like you is the double standard underlying all your self righteousness.

MrNamtor

mj5, you come on this thread solely to shame another person, and then cry about you being shamed for being a "prude".

You fling personal insults right and left then yell for other people to be banned for the very thing you initiated.

You side with the clique-iest bunch on the RA then  whine about "cliques".  Seriously you need to take a good hard look at yourself first if you're going to be so moral and righteous.

MrNamtor

and you know what. I don't even care if i get banned for saying what i said. it was worth it.

Fistmaster General

no. I didn't call him an ignorant dickhead. He seems to think that insults are motivational, and I just asked him if being insulted would motivate him. I didn't call him names.

Who are you calling ignorant?!?

So passive aggressive is acceptable.  Got it.   Instead of saying "you are so slow, hahaha loser" you can say "those slow 2:18 half marathon losers" and its ok?  Now I'm starting to understand.

"I... am a fucking moron." - MattM