Beginners and Beyond

Yay for Fridailies (Read 51 times)

happylily

I would be interested, but there is one problem: I won't be running Boston this year 

I didn't think you were the estrogen contraceptive type. I thought you'd be more into the natural method.  There is always next year!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I would be interested, but there is one problem: I won't be running Boston this year 

Um, isn't there two problems? 

Docket_Rocket

I just received this email from the BAA. They are looking for participants in a study.

WHAT IS THE STUDY?
        To be specific, researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital and Hartford Hospital are conducting a study to examine the effect of oral contraceptives on blood clot risk in women who fly and run marathons. As you can see, this only describes one subset of women runners, but the hope is that the study will prove helpful to those runners.

WHO SHOULD CONSIDER PARTICIPATING IN THE SURVEY?
        If you are currently taking an estrogen-based oral contraceptive AND traveling by plane flight greater than 4 hours AND running in the 2015 Boston Marathon, you may qualify.

HOW WILL THE STUDY WORK? WHAT IS REQUIRED OF PARTICIPANTS?
        The study involves 4 blood draws: 1. Prior to flying to the marathon at the nearest Quest; 2. After landing at the Expo on Sunday; 3. Immediately after the marathon; and 4. After flying home at the nearest Quest. Participants will receive $100 and valuable health information.

I wonder if onemile would be interested. After all, it's only 4 blood draws on the most important days of the most important race

Ooh, I can qualify for Boston under the study exception. Awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I didn't think you were the estrogen contraceptive type. I thought you'd be more into the natural method.  There is always next year!

Lily: If pills are available, I'll opt for them over the natural method any day.  MTA: How do you think I got this beautiful muscular body? Wink

LRB: I can always go through a sex change, but I still haven't qualified for Boston

happylily

Lily: If pills are available, I'll opt for them over the natural method any day.  MTA: How do you think I got this beautiful muscular body? Wink

LRB: I can always go through a sex change, but I still haven't qualified for Boston

LOL... And there I thought that you were an all natural Apollo.

When you BQ in September (yes, not if, but when), do you plan on running Boston in 2016 (or 2017 if the registration window doesn't work with the Montreal marathon date)?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

7.7 miles done.  7:48 pace.  Pretty surprised how easy this felt after yesterday's run.  The first mile sucked but I got loosened up nicely.  A few kids from the high school crew team were running side by side with me for about a mile, huffing and puffing trying to keep pace while I was just jogging along.  It was so cute.  Smile

<3

Cyberic

When you BQ in September (yes, not if, but when), do you plan on running Boston in 2016 (or 2017 if the registration window doesn't work with the Montreal marathon date)?

I'll cross the bridge when the river is dry.

LRB

I'll cross the bridge when the river is dry.

lol - I like that.

Little Blue

7.7 miles done.  7:48 pace.  Pretty surprised how easy this felt after yesterday's run.  The first mile sucked but I got loosened up nicely.  A few kids from the high school crew team were running side by side with me for about a mile, huffing and puffing trying to keep pace while I was just jogging along.  It was so cute.  Smile

Did you just want to pat them on their little heads?

LRB

Or spank 'em on their bottoms.

delicate flower

LOL...I just wanted to ask them, "Dude, what are you doing??"  I mean, they are probably in better shape than me, but I am a runner.  They are rowers.  OK, stick me in a boat and they'll kick my ass.

<3

workinprogress11

Um, isn't there two problems? 

This cracked me up. Thanks for the chuckle.

6 easy miles. I wore SHORTS!

outoftheblue

You guys always crack me up.  I hope everyone is well into enjoying their Friday evening.

2.5 recovery miles, plus weights and core this afternoon.  It is around 80 and humid out.  Dammers, I think some of your weather escaped to California.  Can you wrangle it back there please? I'm not used to it. 

Life is good.

I quote it in the other thread, then copy/paste the quote into my reply in the new thread.  You can also quote multiple people that way, since this forum software doesn't have a multi-quote feature.

Note this does not work on iPhone/iPad. Although it used to before they changed the editor a while back.

Why run in darkness or on treadmill before work, when after work it's 50 degrees & light until 8:00? So I did the latter; 8 miles. Knee would've been OK if I stopped around 6.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I know this will kill the round number folks.....9.91 miles. It is what the loop I ran is.

With socks, I put mine in a laundry bag when I wash them, because there is nothing more annoying than missing a $10 sock. I also wrote numbers on my Balegas (5 pairs of the same socks). The permanent marker I used has held up pretty well.