Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies are not closed on Black Friday (Read 46 times)

delicate flower

Ummm....what's the matter, people?  Turkey hangover keeping you off the internet this morning?  WAKE UP!

I am working today.  I don't know why hospitals feel the need to be open the day after Thanksgiving.  Anyway, it'll be a quiet day in the office.  The parking garage is pretty much empty.

4-5 miles of running planned after work.

Get after it, kids!

<3

LRB

Yo.

Coffee.

happylily

Happy working day, Baboon! Still not feeling the effect of the marathon?

LRB, you forgot COFFEE!

I ran 8 last night. Most of it slow, some of it fast. 8:01 pace overall. Tonight I have 11 miles easy. Ugh... But until then, I'll be busy online shopping. That should keep me happy for a few hours.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, Rocky and I got 6.1 miles out on the roads this morning. I waited until 5 AM to get up this time, it was a little slow and sluggish for the first mile or 2, but overall it went well.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Happy working day, Baboon! Still not feeling the effect of the marathon?

Not really, no.  I mean, my legs are still a little heavy, but nothing hurts.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  We work today but I took today off as vacation.  Pilates in a few minutes, 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Not really, no.  I mean, my legs are still a little heavy, but nothing hurts.

That's a good sign. All those MP miles in training prepared you well.

LRB

It appears the Garmin prices remain unchanged on Amazon today from any other day this fall.

delicate flower

It appears the Garmin prices remain unchanged on Amazon today from any other day this fall.

They have the 910 going up for sale at 12:50 EST.

<3

Morning peeps.

Any big shoppers today? I plan to stay as far away from stores today as possible.

Went to the gym & did 16 miles on the stationary bike.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning peeps.

Any big shoppers today? I plan to stay as far away from stores today as possible.

I've never gone shopping on Black Friday, never will  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I've never gone shopping on Black Friday, never will  

I cannot say I never will but I never have as my procrastinating nature lends more to me shopping on Christmas Eve at the 11th hour than a month early. lol

LRB

That you are able to stimulate that stupid thing by a variety of methods is a good sign.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No "Black Friday" for this Penguin.  For me, it's

Hello from Washington State where the current temp is 39 degrees in Wenatchee, WA!  BRRRR for this South Texas Penguin.  We last Monday night.  I got up on Tuesday morning and it was a pleasant 42 degrees.  Went running and did about 4 miles.  Even wore shorts instead of my long running pants.    Wednesday did a nice 3 miles on the paved hike-and-bike trail that goes alongside the Columbia River.  Very pretty!   On Thanksgiving Day I did the local Turkey Trot - report and photos to follow sometime, my in-laws computer has no spare USB port to upload my photos, sheesh .  Start time 9 a.m.   The weather was 41 degrees, with a wind that made it feel like 39...a bit chilly for a South Texas penguin.  Yet, I wore shorts, a base layer shirt, and one shirt over that and I felt fine while running.  After the race, back to my mother-and-father in-laws place for a big family Thanksgiving - Gail is one of 5 children, so between her siblings, their spouses, their children, their children's siblings, etc....QUITE a party!  Plus my father-in-law turned 90 on Wednesday so the whole family came from all over the place to celebrate that too. Lots of fun, lots of beer and other drinks, lots of food and desserts, and the day even made better because the Damn Dallas Cowboys lost and the Seahawks beat the 49ers.   In spite of the chilly weather - it is supposed to be around 29 degrees tomorrow! - I am managing to enjoy myself and still getting out there and running in spite of the weather.   I plan on doing the river trail tomorrow and this time will take my camera to get some photos to share with y'all when I get back, it really is a very pretty run along the river.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Gotta go now, busy day today again with the in-laws, breakfast at the VFW with my FIL and will chat with some fellow Veterans, swapping all our war stories, and then tooling Gail around to see some of her old friends - she grew up here - and visiting with her two sisters who still live here.   Chat with y'all later when I can!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

I don't think I've been to a mall in the last 18 months. Only online shopping for this lazy woman from now on...