Beginners and Beyond

WTF Wednesdailies? (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences.

So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lazy Wednesdailies!

6 miles tonight.  Off to court.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Man, I just had a Dailies loaded up too.  I was just about to hit it!

Got 7.5 miles in.  It was a little muggy but honestly I cannot complain about the weather.  It has really been pleasant around these parts.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non-running day for me.  Weight training circuit after work.

Today is August 7th, which is National Lighthouse Day, Speakers Day, Raspberries in Cream Day, and Sea Serpent Day

lighthouse cartoons, lighthouse cartoon, lighthouse picture, lighthouse pictures, lighthouse image, lighthouse images, lighthouse illustration, lighthouse illustrations

lighthouse cartoons, lighthouse cartoon, lighthouse picture, lighthouse pictures, lighthouse image, lighthouse images, lighthouse illustration, lighthouse illustrations

public speaking cartoons, public speaking cartoon, public speaking picture, public speaking pictures, public speaking image, public speaking images, public speaking illustration, public speaking illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Haha.

I forgot to say that just as we were heading to bed, Hershey peed on it.  It was midnight.  So, I never got to sleep much last night.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Haha.

I forgot to say that just as we were heading to bed, Hershey peed on it.  It was midnight.  So, I never got to sleep much last night.

Nice. Sad

Morning dailies.

An Easy 5 for me this morning. We actually got a fair amount of rain yesterday. Enough so to cancel our annual block party. Oh well. The wife and I went to DQ to share some chicken tenders instead of eating the 5 lbs of ranch potatoes that she made. Tonight I'm bringing DD with me to buy some more gels/chews since I've been using them up on my LRs. I have to say that prior to this string of LRs I wasn't a fan of chews, but now I'm starting to like them.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wasn't able to get up for my 6 mile run this morning, the little booger decided differently so I will be running this evening. Maybe he saved me though, it would have been 74 degrees, 100% humidity and dew point of 73 this morning while tonight at 5 is going to be 85 degrees, 67% humidity and dew point of 73 and cloudy so if it doesn't feel too awful I am going to aim for 7 miles instead.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I forgot to say that just as we were heading to bed, Hershey peed on it.

lmao!

I would have booted his ass to the moon!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! SRD for me, but I did walk 2 miles around the neighborhood first thing this morning just to help burn a few extra calories. I WILL get back down to the weight at which my clothes fit the way they should. I refuse to buy new ones in a bigger size.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Sir Loin of Beef!?  Today is my Friday.  EVERYBODY REJOICE!

So i get to work this morning, and before I know what hit me, almost four hours have passed.  That's nice and all, but I've got a list of sheeeet I need to get done before I can leave here this afternoon.  So rather than tend to my work, here I am wasting time on the internet.  Bunch of enables you all are.

<3

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I have a work meeting which everybody is hoping will only be an AM meeting instead of all day, and then have 6 miles planned.  It is supposed to be much cooler today, which I am looking forward to.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Dead tired today.  ZZZZZZ 2nd to last off road tri series last night.  The woman who came in first for the bike leg in my division beat me by 30 seconds.  THIRTY SECONDS.  She's so mine next week.......

of course, she'll blow me away on the run but at least I'll have the bike to cling to Wink

So late for work today - oops.  Graduated from PT> YAY!

Have a good day!

Ric-G

Nada today...SRD...did get in 5 last evening...3x1600 plus a couple more easy

have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Graduated from PT> YAY!

That seems to be an epidemic around these parts lately!

BBB, work has been kickin' my toosh so no internet for me...hardly.

Step, I am buying smaller clothes which is another problem altogether!

Good stuff Scotty, what up doe everyone else!

Finally taking a break after yet another busy ass morning, I swear them people are trying to kill me!  They are lucky I like money or else I'd, I'd, I'd...well, let's just say they are lucky I like money!  ; )