Beginners and Beyond

Receptionist Day Wednesday Penguins (Read 20 times)

obiebyke

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke

Well, I didn't end up doing Bodypump last night. I spent an hour and several hundred dollars at the DMV, and somehow that led to eating a big snack and taking a big nap. Smile Oh well. Today after work is another 25 minute C25K run. Happy Wednesday!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well, I didn't end up doing Bodypump last night. I spent an hour and several hundred dollars at the DMV, and somehow that led to eating a big snack and taking a big nap. Smile Oh well. Today after work is another 25 minute C25K run. Happy Wednesday!

Good Morning Obie.  Happy Chocolate Chip Day !!!  Ooops, its National  Dance Like a Chicken Day.

I also spent a couple of hundred dollars yesterday for our license plates.  Did it online for $2 to save the cost of a stamp.

Short run after work.  Long weekend for me.

PADRunner

Thanks for calling the Penguin Dallies how may we help you.

I'll have a gym workout tonight.

Philliefan33

So, looking at the title and Jerry's post, today I should dance like a chicken with a receptionist?

Tonight will probably be a shorter run, maybe about 4 miles.  Then I need to get some groceries...our supply of fresh fruit and veggies is pretty much depleted.  This morning the only produce I could find to put in my lunch was half an avocado and an apple.

Zelanie

Morning!  I didn't run yesterday either.  Instead I took the dogs out and used the time to get some of our staple foods (salad, brown rice) prepared.  Today I'll have some time to kill while DD is at her math tutoring, plus there will be a track nearby, so I hope to get in 7 total (might have to run a bit before or after).  I might have to celebrate national chocolate chip day early though!

Obie- Enjoy the run!

Jerry- Happy Fridnesday!

PAD- Enjoy the gym!

Margo- If you do, post pictures!  Have a good run!  That was pretty much the fresh veggie status of my lunch yesterday- a few cut up carrots was all I could find.  Today is much better.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins all!!  I was really tired when I got home last night, but after 10 minutes or so of crashing on the couch, I was forced out for my walk by an extremely bouncy dog.  So we got our walk done last night and my knee is protesting a little, but not too much.  Office yoga today, then quartet rehearsal!!

obie -- how come so much money at DMV??

Jerryb -- I will admit to having done the chicken dance, on more than one occasion.

PAD -- have a good gym workout!!

Phillie -- I picked one single snow pea pod off my plants and stuck it in my lunch.  Woo-hoo, veggies!!  But the beans and corn are up, and one of the tomato plants is growing gangbusters, and hopefully my peas will make a few more peas.

Zelanie -- have a good run during tutoring!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

obiebyke

I bought my dad's car and I had to pay the sales tax when I transferred the title.

obie -- how come so much money at DMV??

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh.  Duh! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all :-)  Managed to get in my 4 yesterday afternoon.  Had to pass a group of about 20 teenage boys who catcalled/whistled at me.  Ugh.  That will teach me to run in the morning while they are asleep/in school rather than during after school hours.

Easy three planned for today.  I'm starting to get a bit of pre-race jitters for this HM on Saturday.  It'll be my third HM but the first one outside of central park.  The course should be easier (less hilly) but I'm also in slightly worse physical shape - so who knows how the race will turn out?

Obie and Jerry - One of the benefits of not owning a car is not having to deal with license plates :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

on my way to badass

Morning Penguins!

I've got nothing so far.  Hope to get 3 in after work and before the bus brings DS home.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I am tapering, it will be 102 today, so therefore I am crabby. I will get my five or six miles in later tonight, once it cools down to 85. Bleh...

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Wow Jack - where do you live that it is 102?  That's so hot!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Wow Jack - where do you live that it is 102?  That's so hot!

Near Pasadena, CA. If you can help me find a job I would be happy to move (I'm only half joking).

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jack - you don't want to live in NYC.  It is gross and smelly in the summer and freezing cold in the winter :-)