Beginners and Beyond

Here Comes the Rain FriDAILIES (Read 50 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I can hear the rain falling outside, but I'm going to go run 3 miles in it anyway. Maybe if I willing run 3 miles in the rain today, Mother Nature will give me a pass on 26.2 miles tomorrow.

Driving to Fargo as soon as I drop DS off at school - I probably won't be back on RA until Sunday.

Make it great, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Good luck Shari! Stay safe and have a great race!

Did 7 miles this morning under clear skies with no rain.

Have a great day everyone!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Getting ready to go to my last day of work at my current job. I have such mixed feelings *sigh* and am still unsure if this was the right decision. I KNOW leaving this job is the best decision for me financially. As of Monday I will be making 30% more at my new job. 30% is a LOT....and may eventually allow me to cut hours at my evening part-time jobs (though I probably won't for at least a month or so) which would make a HUGE difference for my mental sanity (because right now I am burnt out from working a full-time job and 2 part-time jobs). But I am comfortable where I work now, and while my place of employment has its fair share of issues (but doesn't every place???) I do not DISLIKE working there. I have made friendships with coworkers and I will miss all the people I work with. Though I will likely keep in touch with some of them, it won't be the same without seeing them everyday. Most of all, I will miss my kiddos (I work with special needs children). I absolutely love every single one of the children I work with and I am so sad to leave them. Sorry..... I will stop blubbering on and on now. *sigh*

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

TWO DAILIES STARTED AT THE SAME TIME!  Why do you do this to us on a Friday!?  Sad  Let's try to get our crap straight here, people.

Last night was 47 minutes (4.6 miles) of jog/walk on the treadmill.  I'm starting to get a feel as to just how far back my running has fallen since January, and it's a lot.  It feels like I am more limited by my running conditioning than my knee right now.  No worries though...I'll get there.  This afternoon is elliptical and a legs workout and a homemade pizza.

Today is Bike to Work Day.  I was thinking of biking in.  I've done it before.  It's 35 miles one way.  The biking is easy enough, but it's everything else that goes with it that I am just too lazy to tend to.  I've got bring extra clothes in, extra food in, get the bike lights mounted, I've got to go shower across the street when I get in, which means having to schlep shower stuff into work...meh, I just don't feel like it.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning.

Had to take one of my pups to the doggie hospital. He should be fine. Made for a late night since it was 11 pm when I took him. They admitted him. hot spot that opened up from what they could tell until they clean it up to make sure it wasn't a bug bite or something else.  At  11 all of a sudden he had blood all over his face and ear and was in pain. 10 pm he was fine. Acting normal when I got home from my trip all happy etc. At 11 he had already gone to his bed before I went in.  Wasn't on his pillow but one of our extra bed pillows dh had left on the floor   Cuddled him and found he was in pain and blood. So carted him and his brother off o the doggie hospital. Dh was at work so called him to tell him we were at the doggie hospital.

Got home sans one pup since they admitted him for infection/fever and to clean it up. Luckily Quincy is not too panicked as they are liter mates and they don't do well separated. Like full panic howl  cry and carry on etc. Waiting for dh to get home so I can run. If I leave Quincy he will wake the neighborhood and go crazy.  Tried it when they were separated when Hammy had his major back surgery in 2011. That was a disaster.  Right now Quincy keeps coming over to me all concerned and his eyes are dilated/ears all pulled up/back and he won't go outside for more than a second off the porch.  If I leave it will be a Basset turning himself inside out all panic ridden. So must wait for husband before I can run.

At least this hospital has amazing vets. They did Hammy's surgery and saved him. When he had the disc rupture he couldn't walk or move his back legs. So we know they will take good care of him.

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

OH NO MARJORIEANN! Thinking happy thoughts for your puppy!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks Kristin!  I'm sure he will be fine. The hospital didn't call over night so he is probably entertaining them. He is such the happy go lucky dog Even when he is hurting he will try to wag the tail and give the puppy kisses. He is on the right In my avi. The fat one.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Marj, hoping Hammy come soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

That's just more dog to love on lol. He's a fat thing. I hope all is well with your pups. I can just imagine you going for a run and that basset hound turning on the howling. They have the most pitiful sounding cries.

Thanks Kristin!  I'm sure he will be fine. The hospital didn't call over night so he is probably entertaining them. He is such the happy go lucky dog Even when he is hurting he will try to wag the tail and give the puppy kisses. He is on the right In my avi. The fat one.

So I ran 3.1 with my buddy last night. I told him a few weeks ago that I think he could do 33:30 in his first 5k so when we got to the park he said he wanted to just run a nice comfy 11:30, I said "sure we can do that".... we averaged 10:30 and he finished 3.1 in 33:08. As long as they're no major hills I think he can get that under 33:00, we will see though.

I really really want to run this race but I told him I would pace him. There is only like 180 people and I looked at last years race report and 3rd place in my AG was like 25:** I think if I raced it I would have a pretty good chance of placing, oh well though, there is more important things than that and my friends / family come first.

My leg felt pretty decent yesterday. 10:30 is a pretty easy pace for me so not a lot of stress being put on my legs. It was ever so slightly sore afterwards. I will keep running but keep it easy until my leg starts to feel better.

Thank the Good Lord its Friday! I'm ready for our run tomorrow followed by BBQ and the roasting of marshmellows on an open fire... (oh wait that's chestnuts and the wrong season). My friend and I have been promising my wife since we got married we would build a big fire sit outside and make smores, so that's what we are gonna do!

So my mom and my sister are going to ride to the bike shop with me today and get an idea on some bike prices. My sister still seems dead set on doing a tri but I'm going to make her run a few 5ks with me first before mom invest that much money into something that she may or may not even enjoy.

I will end my ramblings now Hope everyone has a blessed Friday!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

delicate flower

Marjorie, best of luck with the pooch.  I am sending healing vibes and e-cookies his way.

Speaking of which, how the hell can I weigh three pounds more this morning than I did yesterday when I didn't eat anything that would do that?  DAMMIT.

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Marjorie, thinking good thoughts for Hammy. He sounds like he's in good hands.

Kristin, I understand your apprehension. New things are scary. Hell, I've been at this place for almost 9 years - it was my first job out of college. It's not what I want to be doing but I don't want to leave for another job I don't want to be doing, ya know? So I've just been keeping an eye out and only applying for jobs that I'm truly interested in. (Don't tell my boss) I do like it here, my coworkers are great and I know what I can get away with. But ya know. Change is good. And this change sounds like it's very good for you.

5 miles after work for me. I wanted to run before work but I was awake from 3:30 to around 4:30 and there was no way I was getting out of bed at 5am after that.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! SRD today, HM tomorrow.

I'm going to drive my mom to the 5k tonight, and I'll bring the DD with me to the Expo for packet pickup. Hopefully I can stop and get a picture with Dick Beardsley who will be at one of the booths. I'm going to introduce my mom to some coworkers and she's going to walk the 5k with them. I've been asked to participate and volunteer for the 5k but I need to take care of the DD tonight. Weather for the start of the HM tomorrow is 58 degrees with a 40% chance of rain/t-storms. Hopefully the 60% prevail and we're dry.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

YAYpril - B-Plus

Andrew, good luck tomorrow. Smile