Beginners and Beyond

If you could only run one more race (Read 334 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Any race with Jenny and happylily pacing me. Smile

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

xor

>> The "destination" events were more what I was looking for.

Keep in mind that people post here from all over the country and around the world.  Boston IS a destination event for many of us.

(and would have made my top 5 last year, but I ran it in April, so... check...)

@runjerseygirl

I don't have a specific race that I'd like to run, but the list of people I'd want to run with is a mile long.  People from here, as well as other online connections.

Do you even run?

If I could be magically transported there, something (HM to 50mi range) in either the Canadian Arctic (Nunavut) (or similar location in Europe) or NZ. And spend a few days there exploring afterwards. There's been changes in the Canadian Arctic races from when I was first interested 10 yr ago, but it's an area I've always wanted to go to. And NZ is a place I've wanted to visit. But after going to Australia about 12 years ago, I've really had a phobia about being cramped in an airplane for many, many hours, so don't think those are gonna happen. I have a feeling driving to the Yukon River Marathon might be the limits of my real-life travel, and even that is questionable.

Of the Alaskan races, I'm not sure. One of my favorites isn't offered any more.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Resident Historian

Boston.  After a great training cycle like in 2012.  But 40* cooler than 2012. Roll eyes

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

There are two different marathons on Catalina Island and an ultra and they are all kick ass.  Big thumbs up.

I will definitely run it.  Not sure when.  Planning my first marathon this year to break myself in.  If for nothing else, to just experience the island that way.  LOVE Catalina!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I don't know my races that well, but I like the looks of Big Sur.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

The Honolulu marathon registration is up.  I'll go if you go....Big grin

Oh, that is so nice of you! I'd love to have an accomplice like you. Smile When your kids are older and have left the house, I'll be a little old, but you can push me in a wheelchair and we'll do Hawaii together (I was going to say Big Sur, but that would be mean to you and dangerous for the wheelchair and me... Big grin).

I've always wanted to do/see Vienna. It's a big marathon, and I usually prefer the smaller ones, but it must be awesome to run among such history and architecture. I wonder if they play classical music in the streets, during the race?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

msmrow

BigSur!

Village people

I wouldn't mind getting one of these.

No more marathons

>> The "destination" events were more what I was looking for.

Keep in mind that people post here from all over the country and around the world.  Boston IS a destination event for many of us.

(and would have made my top 5 last year, but I ran it in April, so... check...)

Understand - and I would put that into the "destination" category even if I lived in Boston - which I don't.  I expect to go to Boston this year to watch my DS run, and I hope to go in 2014 with my BQ in Oct 2012.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!