Beginners and Beyond

Lonely SATURDAILIES (Read 35 times)

B-Plus

I know it's the weekend, but seriously?

B-Plus

12 miles, then coffee/breakfast, massage, MLS.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sleeping in!

Smile

8 later

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Now to get hair cut and errands

Marjorie

LRB

'Sup!

I got 6 miles done as close to tempo pace as I could muster.  Details to follow when I get home.

Morning. Slept in past 7 today. Woo hoo!

12 miles easy.

Dave

Zelanie

Morning, all.  8 easy later today.  Maybe with a bit of rain thrown in, we'll see.

B+ - Sounds like a great day!

Sly- Glad you got to sleep in!  I was thinking about you yesterday because my  "easy after quality" was pretty much a slogfest yesterday too.  But at least it was better towards the end.

Marjorie- Hope you like the haircut!

LRB- Hope you were able to muster a "close to tempo" pace at least!

Dave- You are a mileage machine!  LR tomorrow again?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I am shutting it down for two weeks. Remember how OCD I was with training for my first marathon (seems like forever ago) ? That is how I am going to try to be with this break. I'm sick of telling you about my injuries because I feel like a drama queen. I am going to rest and come back easy in hopes that my nagging things will heal up or at least be lessened. That is all.

Costco and Apple store today with my wonderful DW. Two kids are gone this weekend so it will be quiet. Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think my body is craving a couple days off from running, I made the mistake of running Wednesday's 9 miler too hard too soon after that 20 miler and I've been feeling it since Wednesday.

I got 10.1 miles in this morning, and they sucked some balls, the temp was 75 but the humidity was only 74 and a dew point of 70 - and I still felt like crud. I took a cold bath and went back to bed.

I am not going to sweat it if I don't run tomorrow but if I do it will be in the evening and just 5 easy, slow miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I am shutting it down for two weeks. Remember how OCD I was with training for my first marathon (seems like forever ago) ? That is how I am going to try to be with this break. I'm sick of telling you about my injuries because I feel like a drama queen. I am going to rest and come back easy in hopes that my nagging things will heal up or at least be lessened. That is all.

Good luck Klompus. Hard to do that, 2 weeks will feel like an eternity, but probably smart. I know the feeling of being sick of whining about injuries. But you know if you do, this is the place for it. It's always a good chunk of the dailies, and we even have a whole thread dedicated to it.

Dave

That's the plan. What do those Hansons know anyway.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!!  20 miles done at 8:05 pace.  Negative split the run by about two minutes.  I remember what seems like not too long ago when I tried so hard to run 20 miles in under three hours.  Today it took me 2:41.  20 miles in 2:41 just sounds good.  This was a good run, especially considering I really wasn't feeling my best.  My stomach was a little iffy and I could not get dialed in physically or mentally.  I need to thank the random dude I ran with from miles 2-7.  He caught me then hung with me for the five miles.  The conversation was a nice distraction and helped me get my shit back in order.

69 miles for the week.  High week for the year.  High month for the year too with another 8 planned for tomorrow.

<3

Nice run, excellent pace Babs!

Dave

B-Plus

Morning, all.  8 easy later today.  Maybe with a bit of rain thrown in, we'll see.

B+ - Sounds like a great day!

Sly- Glad you got to sleep in!  I was thinking about you yesterday because my  "easy after quality" was pretty much a slogfest yesterday too.  But at least it was better towards the end.

Marjorie- Hope you like the haircut!

LRB- Hope you were able to muster a "close to tempo" pace at least!

I hope you're not a Timbers fan because we are taking the 3 points and 1 step closer to Cascadia.

Last LR of the cycle is in the books (actually not yet since I haven't updated my log yet). Just 3 more track workouts then bring on Eastside.

LRB

High month for the year too with another 8 planned for tomorrow.

Highest month ever right?