Beginners and Beyond

So who is racing this weekend? (Read 76 times)

Hip Redux

Yeah, yeah, sticky thread, I know.

Duathlon for me on Sunday, first ever attempt at a multisport event.  I have basically been in a two week taper for this.  Yeah, taper.  That's what I've been doing.  Big grin

Whatcha got?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For once, I have absolutely NO races this weekend.  The local race schedule this week is pretty light and the nearest race to me is about a 3-hour drive, which I am not motivated to do.  So I will enjoy sleeping in for a change on a weekend, and go do some running at local parks and see what kind of "adventures" I can get myself into.  Big grin

Good luck to all those who have events this weekend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

I have a 10K race tomorrow and I'm FE'ing with bobruns, woot!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I'm running the HM in Fargo tomorrow. Fargo is where I ran my first ever HM, exactly one year ago. I ran it in 2:16:21. My "A" goal tomorrow is going to be 1:46:21 - that's right a 30 minute course PR. I really hope I can make it happen.

- Andrew

wshealey

For once, I have absolutely NO races this weekend.  The local race schedule this week is pretty light and the nearest race to me is about a 3-hour drive, which I am not motivated to do.  So I will enjoy sleeping in for a change on a weekend, and go do some running at local parks and see what kind of "adventures" I can get myself into.  Big grin

Good luck to all those who have events this weekend!

Thanks for the heads-up on not racing this weekend, Scottydawg. I mostly lurk on the boards but read your RR's every Monday and enjoy them tremendously. I think I would have freaked out if I sat down Monday morning and didn't see anything from you. It's become ritual. Having lost my mom to cancer and my father in law battling the disease now, you are truly an inspiration.

I'm running the Geist Half Marathon Saturday with DW for our first HM. Good luck to all that are racing and enjoy sleeping in Scottydawg!!!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Yeah, yeah, sticky thread, I know.

Duathlon for me on Sunday, first ever attempt at a multisport event.  I have basically been in a two week taper for this.  Yeah, taper.  That's what I've been doing.  Big grin

Whatcha got?

HEY, ME too!

I have a bad feeling about this........LOL

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

My kids and I have a 5K on Sunday. The inaugural Break for the Lake Trail 5K at Lake Katherine in Palos Heights, IL!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

10K race in Cliffside Park, NJ to benefit the Diabetes Foundation...hoping to PR, since I've been on a roll lately with the other distances.

Hip Redux

HEY, ME too!

I have a bad feeling about this........LOL

"It sounded like a good idea at the time."

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

"It sounded like a good idea at the time."

Next time we do a relay, that will be our team name.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Not this weekend, but Thursday evening at 6PM.... 5K in Homewood, AL. This is due to the race being cancelled due to weather and rescheduled. Should be interesting to run a race after work on a weekday.

Since this is only my 2nd ever race, it shouldn't throw off my "routine" too much Smile

bobruns

Me.  10K.  Firemen at the finish line and FE with Damaris!  Can't go wrong Big grin

Have fun out there everyone!!

Sloooow.

5K tomorrow. I'm actually sick with nerves. It's going to be pretty hot and humid, and I'd hate to be that person in the back of the ambulance, lol.

Docket_Rocket

I cannot wait!  Even if we still have no idea where we're going to eat.  Which is important.  Right after the cute firemen.

Me.  10K.  Firemen at the finish line and FE with Damaris!  Can't go wrong Big grin

Have fun out there everyone!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I cannot wait!  Even if we still have no idea where we're going to eat.  Which is important. 

I would say this is more important.

You have time to plan so get on that.