Beginners and Beyond

Shake your head TuesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

'Sup!

I had some of the weirdest, most bizarre dreams ever last night.  From the first to the last not a single one made sense or was pleasant in any way so needless to say I am happy to be up and ready to get this thing called real life going.

Up first is an easy run then errands as I am off from work today in honor of Veterans Day.

What's on your agenda yo?

B-Plus

Pro hit the trails after I finish sleeping. Back to my slumber.

LRB

The House is offering their annual deal on gift cards; buy a $200 gift card get a $50 gift card, $125 gets a $25 card, $50 gets a $10 card. Good thru Friday.

I am heading out for a run, be back later!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looks like today will be no run day, Dorian woke up around 3:30 AM upset and crying in pain - not sure if gas pain or growing pains. And I also figure my hamstring would appreciate a day's rest even though I'll most likely take Dorian and Rocky for a hike later this afternoon.

Some core strengthening this morning before work.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

FINE PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET:  GREETINGS!

I've got some easy miles to run after work.  Last night's run felt taperish.  Felt like I was trying to run through waist deep water.  I am hoping for more of the same today.  Taper sluggishness is good!

<3

happylily

I ran 5 easy yesterday, and did 20 minutes stretching and 150 push-ups (50 + 4x25). Today will be another 5 easy miles, more stretching and some arm exercises from my old pre-running life routine.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates in a few, a run tonight.

Gift cards purchased.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 6 this morning. I am trying to become a morning runner.

Swam a full mile today. Did not drown!

How's that working out for you? My last cycle was close to 100% morning runs. It's nice to get it out of the way first thing. And for me it is the least likely time to run into conflicts with other things. The only issue with mornings for me is the high likelihood of, ahem, bathroom issues.

You sort of picked a bad time of year to start - the benefit in the summer is the cooler temps, which is the downside of it in winter. Also in really bad winter weather, it can be pretty tough to stare down the treadmill at 5AM.

Dave

LRB

LRB

How's that working out for you? My last cycle was close to 100% morning runs. It's nice to get it out of the way first thing. And for me it is the least likely time to run into conflicts with other things. The only issue with mornings for me is the high likelihood of, ahem, bathroom issues.

You sort of picked a bad time of year to start - the benefit in the summer is the cooler temps, which is the downside of it in winter. Also in really bad winter weather, it can be pretty tough to stare down the treadmill at 5AM.

No different than staring down the treadmill at 5PM after a day of getting your head kicked in at work. lol

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! Ran 25 miles last week, took yesterday off, will run 5ish this afternoon.

No different than staring down the treadmill at 5PM after a day of getting your head kicked in at work. lol

Yeah there is no good time for that evil contraption.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

The House is offering their annual deal on gift cards; buy a $200 gift card get a $50 gift card, $125 gets a $25 card, $50 gets a $10 card. Good thru Friday.

I am heading out for a run, be back later!

Thanks for the heads up!

Some taper miles later today.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

onemile

Today was the first time I tried it so we will see. It was warmish (44) and fairly pleasant out. I am sure once it gets really cold it will be harder to convince myself to get out of bed.  But it will be nice to not have to run after work when it's late and I am tired.