Beginners and Beyond

An El Nino (Read 58 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://www.14news.com/story/24902850/here-comes-el-nino-good-news-for-us-weather-woes

I still ain't getting my hopes up, but knowing my luck, my area will be hit with horribly hot summer weather..........

I've always thought El Nino and La Nina  were hurricanes...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

#artbydmcbride

"The warming, called an El Nino, is expected to lead to fewer Atlantic hurricanes and more rain next winter for drought-stricken California and southern states, and even a milder winter for the nation's frigid northern tier next year"

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

"The warming, called an El Nino, is expected to lead to fewer Atlantic hurricanes and more rain next winter for drought-stricken California and southern states, and even a milder winter for the nation's frigid northern tier next year"

We've had a wet Winter down here and our rain season is May through November, so I agree that at least us will get wetter during the Winter thanks to El Nino.

Damaris

LRB

I have not checked the link yet but I am not trying to think about NEXT winter, are you fuckin' kiddin' me?!

onemile

The warming should develop by this summer?  What good is that?

happylily

How the heck is that report relevant? They don't even mention my home town of 20,000 in there. Who cares what happens outside of it?

(yes, I'm joking. I don't really care if we have really cold winters, rainy summers, no spring, or whatever. But I do care about natural catastrophes in the world. Forest fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes. I worry about all those when I hear that the weather is changing).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not checked the link yet but I am not trying to think about NEXT winter, are you fuckin' kiddin' me?!

Well, Winter is around the corner, no?

I shall duck....

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The warming should develop by this summer?  What good is that?

I have not read the article but does it talk about the warmest Winter of record for Miami?  Because it's been very abnormal here to, to have 90F in February and 88F in January.

I assume your warming up is coming soon.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No D, it doesn't. It mentioned that an El Nino almost happened last Summer but then died. LRB, it isn't just talking about winter, but how this summer could be really hot for some areas and an El Nino could be a blessing to a lot of people tired of this winter weather.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No D, it doesn't. It mentioned that an El Nino almost happened last Summer but then died. LRB, it isn't just talking about winter, but how this summer could be really hot for some areas and an El Nino could be a blessing to a lot of people tired of this winter weather.

I am expecting a hot HOT HOT Summer since we're already basically in Summer and had no Winter.  It used to be that El Nino happened not very often.  Now I hear El Nino and La Nina almost every year.  Ugh.

Damaris

onemile

lolol A super hot winter is exactly what would make me feel better about this shitty winter.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lolol A super hot winter is exactly what would make me feel better about this shitty winter.  

Ha.  One thing is sure from the article: the girl is ahead by far of the boy with stronger and more often Nina events.  

Damaris

LRB

LRB, it isn't just talking about winter, but how this summer could be really hot for some areas and an El Nino could be a blessing to a lot of people tired of this winter weather.

I am not trying to think about summer either.  As of this very moment, I am looking forward to at least a month (and hopefully more) of early morning temps in the 40's (WITHOUT SNOW ON THE GROUND DAMMIT!).  After that, another month of early morning temps in the 50's.

That gets me to the month of May where in Michigan it could be either cold as f*** or hotter than s***, or in very rare years (as in never), just right.  In any event, I will cross that bridge if/when I get to it

As it is, I already loathe the summer heat as it is so I will be miserable once the temps exceed 80 degrees anyway.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wish for months like that, we'll probably see a couple weeks in the 50's and then BAM! Summer........ or at least it freaking feels like it is only a couple weeks lol.

PRs

LRB

I just know that shit I ran in this morning was beyond ridiculousness.