Beginners and Beyond

Amazon Prime Air (Read 64 times)

Hip Redux

What do you think?

Video

Docket_Rocket

I saw it on 60 minutes and laughed.  An Amazon delivery like no other (apart the ones used for terrorists).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Not sure if that idea will fly, but if anyone can make it work they can.

Amazon.com is the shiz, for reals yo.

Gotta love dreaming big and I'd never say never but I agree with this take:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-02/amazon-testing-octocopters-for-delivery-ceo-tells-60-minutes-.html

“You’d have to make it idiot-proof,” Lowe said. “From a height, a 5-pound load hitting anything is going to be fairly destructive, so that can never happen. The first time it does, the FAA will ground all these drones and they will never fly again.”

Hip Redux

I think it's an amazing out of the box idea, BUT I have a feeling the FAA ain't going to be too cool with a bunch of flying robots all over the place. But who knows.

We were talking about this at work and I wonder if FedEx/UPS are going to try something similar or just wait for Amazon to work out the kinks and follow in their footsteps sometime later.   I would think Amazon has the idea patented up the yingyang before they released it publicly, but you have to wonder if the others are going to try to jump in.  Amazon has logistics and supply chain stuff figured out, for sure.

The idea that I could order something and have it arrive in 30 minutes is pretty awesome.   At the start line of a race and forgot your gu?  Order it on amazon and it'll get dropped off in the corral for you! lol

Hip Redux

Comedian Andy Borowitz's take on the subject "Amazon Founder Announces Plan to Launch Crap Right Through Your Window".

lol

I think it's an amazing out of the box idea, BUT I have a feeling the FAA ain't going to be too cool with a bunch of flying robots all over the place. But who knows.

We were talking about this at work and I wonder if FedEx/UPS are going to try something similar or just wait for Amazon to work out the kinks and follow in their footsteps sometime later.   I would think Amazon has the idea patented up the yingyang before they released it publicly, but you have to wonder if the others are going to try to jump in.  Amazon has logistics and supply chain stuff figured out, for sure.

The idea that I could order something and have it arrive in 30 minutes is pretty awesome.   At the start line of a race and forgot your gu?  Order it on amazon and it'll get dropped off in the corral for you! lol

I spent some time over lunch reading some of the articles out there. I think it's safe to say this isn't happening anytime soon.

But maybe I'll start working on my drone flying skills now. If this thing happens they are going to need a lot of pilots.

Walk-Jogger

I'm suddenly feeling the urge to build a potato gun . . .

Retired &  Loving It