Beginners and Beyond

Home alone Thursday Penguins... (Read 27 times)

Bin Running

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Morning guys...

Home alone as DW and DS stays with inlaw... Knocking off in a while.. 10M planned for MLR..

Had a little too big a serving of chicken rice for lunch... Feeling a little bloated now.. Maybe no dinner or a light one today..

7pm from where I am..

Damaris, Hope you enjoy the FM. Godspeed!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Bin, thanks for the start, enjoy the quite time.

I got 5 in yesterday and hope for a few this afternoon. I'm taking Bella to vet for check up and spay today too. Dental appt wasnt too bad, need to schedule time to repair broken tooth, but DW is in the middle of getting her work done, so I will have to wait a bit longer to schedule mine.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Bin & Mitch, hope you both have good runs today!

8.2 miles done this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone.

I'll run tonight, 3 - 5 miles depending on how my legs feel.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD.  Work and then later my flight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Bin - Good morning.  Good luck with the chickin/rice syndrome.   Smile

Mitch - broken tooth from getting lippy with DW?  LOL

Dave - well done on the 8 already!

PF33 - GOOD morning!  Have a great run later.

Damaris - have a great flight.

AFM - 8.28 miles yesterday.  I hit a 25k loop I'd not been on before - its fun getting out in the middle of nowhere, all alone, then realizing you don't know where you're at.  Seriously... there was one intersection of three trails I stopped and didn't immediately know which direction I was supposed to go.  So, I picked the trail most traveled (my apologies to Robert Frost).  I would have liked to do the entire 25k but didn't have the time.  I'll be on that trail again soon - beautiful out there.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Blah woke up sick. Hoping it's just allergies...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Kristin - yuck!  Hope you feel better.

Zelanie

Morning penguins!  Unfortunately, my knee didn't behave for my run yesterday, so I will be calling a doctor today.  Hopefully I can get in without too much of a wait!

In other news, the birds ate fully half the seed yesterday and are back at it again this morning!  We are going to have some fat finches!  We do have a cat, but she spends most of her outside time at the door asking to be let back in.  I am wondering when the big guy from across the street will find it, though!

Bin- Love that 10 mile MLR!  It always made me feel so accomplished!

Mitch- Hope Bella recovers quickly from her spay!

D2- Nice run!

Margo- Hoping the legs feel great today!

D- Have a great time in PR!  Hope you get to spend lots of time with your dad and have a fun race!

Vance- Sounds like a great trail!  Glad you found your way out, though!

Kristin- Feel better!

One Half So Far

Mornin, folks.  Did what I THINK was a tempo run yesterday.  1.5 miles really easy for warmup, 2 REALLY fast miles (8:16 and 8:33, which for me is flying) and another 1.5 slow back home. Should do 3 easy today for recovery.

Bin: Enjoy the quiet time and the 10M.

Mitch: Hopefully all is well with the (I'm assuming it's a) puppy today.

D^2: gj on the 8.2.  Doubling up again today?

Margo: Have fun, no matter how far you go.

Damaris: Have a somewhat tolerable flight. (No point wishing you a good one, such a thing does not exist.)

Vance: Yeah, that's fun. GJ on the 8.2

Kristin: Feel better! (That's an order, by the way.)

Zel: BOO. Hope your knee gets better soon! Also, wouldn't worry about the finches until they start falling off the feeder from being too heavy to fly Smile

Off to give tests today.  Easy day for me.

Have a happy and healthy day, amigos!

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Dad on the run.

Good morning everyone! It's Thursday, that means we have a run tonight with our friends and then we always go out and eat on Thursday nights. Not sure if its going to be a Mexican or Pizza night Tongue

My legs feel pertty thrashed today after my retarded self thought it would be a good idea to do speed work when my legs were still sore from leg night :/ Oh well, maybe a nice slow recovery run today will help work some of the soreness out.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Bin: Try quinoa instead of rice. There is lots of protein and NO bloating. Also, the compression socks are nice to wear on recovery runs, thanks!

hog: good miles! Sorry about the tooth. NO FUN!!

D2: Is it another double day?

PF: How are the legs? Still a bit sore? I am just about over it.

Docket: Safe and happy travels to you and good luck.

N-Bug: I would suggest a map or a compass! Wink

Kristin: I hope it's just allergies. How's Dave?

Zel: Sorry about the knee trouble. It's a good thing you are going to see a doctor.

J.Drumm: That IS a tempo run! Good work!

JBJ: Recovery runs are nice. Be sure to go as easy as you can.

As for me, I will get in another four miles today at some point. We are having a two day heat wave so it could be 95 today and tomorrow and then back down to the 70's on Saturday. If it is too hot I will get my run in when most of you are asleep tonight (9:00 my time). Have a good day.

GinnyinPA

Morning all!

Bin - I hope you were able to run, despite the full stomach.

Mitch - sorry about the broken tooth.  I hate dentists.  Hope Bella's surgery is without complications.

Dave - nice start to the morning.  Of course, 8 miles doesn't take you nearly as long as it takes me.

Margo - hope the legs are recovering well.

Zelanie - good luck at the doctor's.  I hope nothing is seriously wrong.

Kristin - hope you feel better.

Damaris and Tomas - hope you have a good trip and a great race.

Vance - your run yesterday sounds a lot like mine.

Jeff - sounds like a tempo run to me.  Good for you.

Jimmy - have fun with your run this evening.  Sounds like you do what I do - I ran, therefore I get ice cream.

AFM:  today is a rest day.  I hope to take the dog to the woods, or at least the park, to take advantage of the beautiful spring weather.  This weekend is the annual neighborhood yard sale, and my husband wants to clear the garage of some garbage, so we won't get out much for the next two days.

Mmmmm...beer

Jeff & Jack, no double for me today, driving down to see my brother for a few days.  I set a completely arbitrary rule for myself, which is why I ended up doubling yesterday, no less than 8 miles a day, so if for whatever reason I get less than 8 on my morning run, I'll double up that day.  Simply based on wanting to keep my mileage up to continue base building over the summer. Smile  8 miles is a very comfortable daily distance for me, so I went with that.  I'll still allow for rest days, won't be streaking, but I'm going to try to keep them to no more than one a week.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!