Beginners and Beyond

Most insufferable TV personalities (Read 92 times)

Brett Hull.  I've wanted to punch that my-foot-was-in-the-crease-and-I-know-it smirk off his face for the past 15 years.

StepbyStep-SH

I only know who a couple of those mentioned so far are.

What I cannot stand is getting stuck on a treadmill in front of Kelly Ripa on the days I do midmorning runs inside. How can someone who is supposedly so smart act so dumb? (Edited to correct the atrocious grammar/typos of the original.)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

I only know who a couple of those mentioned so far are.

What I cannot stand is getting stuck on a treadmill in front of Kelly Ripa on the days I do midmorning runs inside. How can someone that is supposed so smart act so dumb?

Consider yourself lucky.  Watching Hoda and Kathie Lee is what I imagine hell to be like. lol

Birdwell

+1 to Chicken face nancy grace

(yes, I know making fun of someones appearance is a horrible thing to do, but let's be honest she's a horrible person, and I hope she chokes on a stick of butter)

I felt sorry for Vitale for a while, now I just hate him. Stephen A. isn't that bad.

Skip gets a pass because if I say anything bad about him I won't ever get a reservation at Topolobampo (his brother Ricks restaurant in Chicago)

Skip, if you're listening, you're the best!

mta: more ammo against Nancy Grace 

RSX

Nancy Grace doesn't bother me as I'm never on her channel. 1 of my morning news shows used her as a commentator which made me change the channel, but I stopped watching that a while ago.

Mike and Mike radio commercials annoy me as do all fake dialog ones.

Village people

Jon Gruden.

bluerun

Super B****

I've never even heard of 99.9% of these people. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

Jon Gruden.

Chucky!  He scares me.

Jon Gruden.

My least favorite football commentator was always Theismann.

Dave

And for the record, I also like Mike & Mike.

But the constant, inane, repetitive debating about the most minuscule and irrelevant portions of sports?  

The last time I caught part of their show was last year (2013) after the Heat won the NBA championship. My entire morning commute was spent listening to them debate what percent of the credit should go to Pat Riley, Eric Spoelstra, and Lebron James. I was too incredulous to switch stations. It was literally the most inane debate I'd ever heard about anything.

ESPN long ago jumped the shark for me. I don't spend two minutes watching anything on there except for live sporting events anymore. Well, I have watched some of their World Cup studio shows the past couple of weeks but that is due to the guests and analysts that aren't ESPN regulars.

delicate flower

The last time I caught part of their show was last year (2013) after the Heat won the NBA championship. My entire morning commute was spent listening to them debate what percent of the credit should go to Pat Riley, Eric Spoelstra, and Lebron James. I was too incredulous to switch stations. It was literally the most inane debate I'd ever heard about anything.

If you've listened to Mike and Mike long enough like I have, you get to hear some of the same discussions year after year.  This time of year they'll be debating the fact that the MLB All Star game decides home field advantage in the playoffs.  In a month, they'll be discussing if four NFL preseason games is too much, followed closely by a discussion of which quarterbacks are in the "elite" category.  Now that said, by and large I like Mike and Mike.  They help make my daily 45 minute drive into work more tolerable.

<3

If you've listened to Mike and Mike long enough like I have, you get to hear some of the same discussions year after year.  This time of year they'll be debating the fact that the MLB All Star game decides home field advantage in the playoffs.  In a month, they'll be discussing if four NFL preseason games is too much, followed closely by a discussion of which quarterbacks are in the "elite" category.  Now that said, by and large I like Mike and Mike.  They help make my daily 45 minute drive into work more tolerable.

I have always liked Mike & Mike, although I can't disagree too much with any of the criticisms.

My wife likes them too, which is a bad sign because she couldn't care less about sports, but thinks they're entertaining. Any part of their show appealing to her is almost by definition not appealing to real sports fans. But it was nice because she allowed me to tune the clock radio alarm to them (some years ago when we had them on a local station).

Also they are good for a commute, but not so much for a long drive, because their 4-hr show is more of a 1-hr show repeated 4 times (other than the guests).

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I don't watch sports or Sunday morning politics shows much anymore because I usually don't have three hours to sit there. When I do have the time, the absolute LAST person on earth I want to hear is Tony Siragusa. He constantly interrupts, and he is annoying and obnoxious.  Because he is on the field, when he blurts out, it's like this voice out of nowhere. He is the one person who has almost compelled my to email the network to complain.  I will also say that a three man announcing team does not work, at least I don't like it.  The NHL playoffs that just finished is another example. They had that guy, a big Ranger fan, down there between the benches bothering the coaches for interviews while the game was going on. Man, those guys were homers. I thought the finals were being shown on the MSG network. Sorry, I digress. Tony Siragusa is the worst, followed by Jim Rome. When a show becomes shtick (Chris Berman), it's time to pull the plug.

Docket_Rocket

I've never even heard of 99.9% of these people. 

me either!

I do have one that is annoying but none of you will know who it is.

DON FRANCISCO.  Every time I see him on TV or the news I'm like, the dude is still alive?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

+1 to Nancy Grace. I just cannot stand her. I change the channel when I see her.

- Andrew