Beginners and Beyond

SUNdailies (Read 34 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope those that don't have sun get some. Now as to running....go

Marjorie

LRB

Hi!

It's grey and dank here but I don't mind it much, it's pretty much what the winter season is.

I am heading out for a longish run wearing the thinner pair of tights I bought last week and I have to say, I kind of like these. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up sick as a dog.  Running in high winds all week has fucked up my lungs AND given me a cold on top of that.  I have my LR tonight and I'll run but we'll see how many miles I feel comfortable doing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Hi!

It's grey and dank here but I don't mind it much, it's pretty much what the winter season is.

I am heading out for a longish run wearing the thinner pair of tights I bought last week and I have to say, I kind of like these. 

+1 on all counts.

Hip Redux

The sun's out here!  Going to get up to a balmy 40 degrees, as well.   Heading to the rail trail in a bit to do a little jogging.

Yes it's gray, but I can't complain about 45 degrees. 6 miles, in shorts.

And that's 27.5 miles for the week...working my way back.

Dave

Cyberic

14.3 miles in the botanical garden (including to and from). 2 hours. I'm beat. Just like yesterday, I was cold at the end of my run. I try not to dress too much to limit the sweating, but after an hour+ of running my clothes become damp and then I start getting cold. Maybe if I changed my first layer shirt every hour for a dry one, all would be good.

delicate flower

Hey-oh!!  Another ski day and started early today.   Warming up with some coffee right now.

<3

Cyberic

Oski, isn't trail running harder on the hips (and all joints for that matter) than road running? Are you back to 100%?

LRB

Oski, isn't trail running harder on the hips (and all joints for that matter) than road running? Are you back to 100%?

I think their rail trail is a paved surface. We have similar paths here that are called trails but the surfaces are either paved or crushed limestone, not trails in the traditional sense.

LRB

Yes it's gray... 

What are you an antagonist?  

Nice run and week by the way.  

Docket_Rocket

Strike my run. I feel like shit and my joints hurt.  I'll rest today and hope for a better tomorrow.  Just hope it's not the flu.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Damn, Dave, you're almost back tied with my mileage again. 

D- Feel better!

My 8 yesterday were a chore, but that is pretty common when I run in the morning after running the night before, especially on too little sleep and since Friday night's run was the longest of the week.  So I came home and ate lunch, took a nap, and then ate dinner.   Much better.  Plus I really do need to roll every day it seems.

We are about to head out for our annual family shopping trip.  We all have fun shopping for each other even though we're in the same stores.  It's an adventure!

Cyberic

I think their rail trail is a paved surface. We have similar paths here that are called trails but the surfaces are either paved or crushed limestone, not trails in the traditional sense.

Got it. We have those too.

outoftheblue

Cloudy and cool here.  Going to take the dogs for a nice walk and then I'll see if I feel like doing anything more.  My body is still feeling the effects of the marathon, so I'm going to err on the side of extra rest.

Zel -- you took 2 full weeks off after your marathon, didn't you?  Was it hard to get back into running?  Would you do it again?

Docket -- Rest up and hope you feel better soon.

Life is good.