Beginners and Beyond

Monday MonDAILY (Read 55 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Monday!!!   SRD, except for health club that I haven't been to in a week.  Feeling great after LR.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  For a moment, I thought these were the dailies.

XT and maybe a short run today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Jerry -- I don't read the regular dailies!  How was I supposed to find this?

20 lashes with a wet noodle to you, for forgetting to put Penguins in the title.

Philliefan33

Got my runs in over the weekend and hit the target pace for my tempo run -- all in all a good couple of days.

I saw nature in action during yesterday's run.  A fox ran across the road in front of me, and stopped in the woods on my right (all of the leaves are down so I could still see him.  Suddenly he pounced, and caught a snake.  He proceeded to eat the whole thing -- the snake wiggled at first but not towards the tail end.   I stood and watched, alternating between thinking "this is cool" and "gag".

SRD for me today.

Docket_Rocket

Jerry -- I don't read the regular dailies!  How was I supposed to find this?

20 lashes with a wet noodle to you, for forgetting to put Penguins in the title.

Bahahaha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Phillie - What does the fox say?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Did you have to do this to us today? Now I'm going to have that stupid song in my head all day!

Phillie - What does the fox say?

Got 2 miles Sunday with new shoes. Shoes felt great running but pain kicked in at about 1.5 miles so I just stopped at 2 and walked home. However, I am wearing my shoes today just to see how they feel wearing around and my right shoe is causing some pressure on the bottom right mid part of my foot. I don't know if my foot is slightly wider than the bed of the shoe or what but my Brooks Pure Flow do the same thing, I don't seem to notice this as much running in them as I do just standing around.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

I'm so confused, in PDT but still in CDT, which daily is which.  Oh well, 4 easy on the TM at 3:30 or 5:30 am.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Five miles early this morning with Rocky on the roads, got back to the house just as traffic was starting to get crazy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PADRunner

Oh crap I googled it.

Did you have to do this to us today? Now I'm going to have that stupid song in my head all day!

Dad on the run.

HAHAHA! At least it's not as bad as "It's Friday"

Oh crap I googled it.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Awood, careful. You don't want that song in your head come marathon day. One more week to go!

Was supposed to run some after work today but there's some last min task to take care. Don't want to go back too late to family. So, a rest day. 10M w/ 6 x 800 @ 5k tmr morning. Haven't done those in a while. Should be interesting.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

You're welcome!  5 days til marathon.  The fox is integral.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Morning!  I don't know anything about what the fox says, and my daughter assures me that I don't want to.  Margo, that is a cool story!

Now wait a minute, Mr. Socks Fox!

When a fox is in the bottle where the tweetle beetles battle with their paddles in a puddle on a noodle-eating poodle, THIS is what they call...

...a tweetle beetle noodle poodle bottled paddled muddled duddled fuddled wuddled fox in socks, sir!

Jerry- Glad you're feeling good today!  Enjoy the gym!

D- Sounds like the legs are feeling good!

Margo- Nice job with the tempo!

Jimmy- Have you ever had your gait analyzed at a running store?  Also, I know you have a stick, but did you ever get a roller?

PAD- Was it 3:30 or 5:30?  That's a big difference!  Still a nice job!

FreeSoul- Welcome to the igloo! Wink

Bin- Enjoy the time with family.

Awood- Morning!