Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES FFS: Can I get an amen up in here? (Read 44 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup.

Heading out for 6 soon then I have another busy ass day at work on tap.

What's up with you?

Cyberic

Will be running 6 easy at lunch.

Nice day to you, LRB

Little Blue

RD here.  We cut grass for 5 hours yesterday, and more today.  I am already exhausted.

Gotta tell you my weird running dream last night.  I'm in a HM, late in the race.  Somehow I end up in an amusement park.  There is this thing like the emergency chute of an airplane that we have to jump and slide down.  There are a couple of other runners, and the girl in front is scared and won't go.  They're holding us up.   I'm fretting about losing time.  I end up in some sort of amusement park vehicle, and they're driving me around, then let me off at some random spot.  There are no other runners on the course, and I can't tell which way to go.  There are all these volunteers in costume, but nobody knows which way I should run.  They're trying to find out, but I'm standing there.  I'm yelling, fuming, and crying, and ready to DNF because they've already cost me like 10 minutes.  Then I woke up. 

Cyberic

RD here.  We cut grass for 5 hours yesterday, and more today.  I am already exhausted.

Gotta tell you my weird running dream last night.  I'm in a HM, late in the race.  Somehow I end up in an amusement park.  There is this thing like the emergency chute of an airplane that we have to jump and slide down.  There are a couple of other runners, and the girl in front is scared and won't go.  They're holding us up.   I'm fretting about losing time.  I end up in some sort of amusement park vehicle, and they're driving me around, then let me off at some random spot.  There are no other runners on the course, and I can't tell which way to go.  There are all these volunteers in costume, but nobody knows which way I should run.  They're trying to find out, but I'm standing there.  I'm yelling, fuming, and crying, and ready to DNF because they've already cost me like 10 minutes.  Then I woke up. 

Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 7-8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  I got up early this morning and...went back to sleep.  HA!  Run and swim planned after work.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Crazy dream!

6.2 with the group this morning. And now I'm sipping coffee, listening to the rain, and rather enjoying it. Except that I want it to stop by noon, because I will have 3 extra children from 2 p.m. today to late afternoon tomorrow, and I really want to take them to a state park for some hiking this afternoon to wear them out. I'm not sure my house, my sanity, or even my son are up for having us all stuck inside for the whole time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

So, sounds like everyone is running 6 today.  Good thing since that's what I did too.  Felt surprisingly good.  It was an easy run, but was about a minute faster than my normal easy pace, but didn't really feel any harder.  Now my boss is on vacation from today through next week, so it will either be really awesome or really terrible.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Sounds like a nightmare to me. lol

From the Internet.

LB I would be so frustrated waking up from a dream like that! It always takes me a few minutes to come back to reality, haha.

70 minutes in the pool for me. I'm now well over 24 hours total in the pool for this stupid toe. X-rays and follow up appointment on Monday!

delicate flower

Heh, I have a national ranking in the duathlon.  34/80 in my age group.    YAY MIDDLE OF THE PACK!

<3

LRB

Heh, I have a national ranking in the duathlon.  34/80 in my age group.    YAY MIDDLE OF THE PACK!

lol

LRB

LB I would be so frustrated waking up from a dream like that! It always takes me a few minutes to come back to reality, haha.

70 minutes in the pool for me. I'm now well over 24 hours total in the pool for this stupid toe. X-rays and follow up appointment on Monday!

Shit, that thing is probably healed with all the water resistance you have thrown at it!

Cool! I have no idea what that means though.

8 miles easy.

Dave