Beginners and Beyond

HM question - Would y'all think I was crazy if.... (Read 328 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Would anybody think I was crazy if I ran a HM on September 8, and then another HM on October 20? Yeah, that's 6 weeks between then. Probably not an issue, but still - I've only run one HM so far in my running career, and I'm not getting any younger.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

workinprogress11

Since I ran 2 marathons 4 weeks apart, I vote that you're not crazy.  Well, either that or I am too.

Just B.S.

Not a bit crazy but you are in a place where the crazy often seems ordinary!LOL

I often run halfs 3 weeks apart.  Earlier in the summer I did 9 races in 12 weeks.

Last summer I raced a duathlon on a Sunday, a half marathon the next day, another half two weeks

later and another one 4 weeks after that..........two weeks after that I did a full........and I'm not a bit

crazy.....promise

Plus you have almost an entire year to train and build a good strong base, you've got this in the bag!!

Misty

I ran my first 2 HM's 2 weeks apart so.....yeah Smile

You'll have plenty of time in between to recover if you want to race them both!

Misty

Bless your heart.

You'll have time to recover, then take advantage of your fitness.  Sounds good to me!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

you've got this in the bag!!

Well heck, I'm almost half in the bag anyway!

OK, maybe not... But seriously, I've already signed up for the second one and depending on the work schedule, I might sign up for the September race as well. I don't want to overbook and then deal with a major schedule change, but the September race is up in Ohio, in an area that I have enjoyed for many, many years.

sugnim

You can do it.  I did my 1st HM 5 weeks before I did my 2nd ever HM.  And you're probably a way better runner than I am.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

We'd think you were crazy anyway. Isn't that part of being a distance runner? It's not as crazy as what I did when I ran my first marathon followed by my second only 5 weeks later and my third two weeks after that. And I didn't even know about Marathon Maniacs back then.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, truth be known, I AM crazy!

Just signed up for the September race. With any luck, Jen and Bob will sign up for it also. If not, I have a couple of other running friends in Cleveland that might just give it a shot.

And even if nobody I know runs it, I'll still be out there racing against the clock.

I did get the insurance just in case - our work schedule is cast in stone, but the rocks occasionally crumble (at the manager's desire, of course).

If I run both of these, I will have run half marathons in 3 states, and races in 5 states.

Docket_Rocket

Would anybody think I was crazy if I ran a HM on September 8, and then another HM on October 20? Yeah, that's 6 weeks between then. Probably not an issue, but still - I've only run one HM so far in my running career, and I'm not getting any younger.

I thought you were going to ask if you had one on September 8 and September 9.  You'll be fine!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Not quite sure why I even asked. Apparently, I'd be crazy NOT to! Smile

Thanks, everyone!

Jess runs for bacon

Nope. I had two halfs two weeks apart, and before my first half my longest run was 8 miles. I lived to tell the tale.

I'm planning on three HMs in April.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The best times I've had running are when I've done things that I've known were a little stupid/crazy. Enjoy.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Running is a mental sport, and we are all insane.

You'll be fine. Smile

Better I Leave

I think it's a great idea. Heck, I'm planning on doing 2 Tough Mudders "back to back" in 2013 (Saturday and Sunday events). Go for it. Smile