Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES in the Real World (Read 42 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

From yesterday: I had a very fun day! The 5k was even hillier than I remembered, and I forgot to stop my watch. I think I was between 28 and 28:30ish. I had run about 2.1 miles warm-up before the race, and then added another 25.2 miles of walking and running (ran about 21, walked the rest) at the 6-hour run. Talked with old friends and met some new friends - and had a great time! And I won a whole box of gels as a door prize at the 6-hour race. Bonus!

I'm a bit sore and stiff this morning, but not terribly so. Still, it is a SRD. So church, teach Sunday school, then gather up a group of friends and their kids to go watch a parade. It is usually a nice one with lots of good bands, fun floats, and since it for an "AppleFest" there are several floats that hand out apples, too.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp Step, enjoy the parade!

I am just sitting here wondering what I should run today.  Maybe some coffee will help...

Jess runs for bacon

Supp Step, enjoy the parade!

I am just sitting here wondering what I should run today.  Maybe some coffee will help...

PSL!

SRD today. Ran the zombie 5k at Dorney yesterday and felt awesome! My hip was nagging in the AM but kept it iced and was able to pull off a two minute course PR. Woot woot!

Feeling good today but going to give it one more day of rest.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top O' the Mornin' to ya, Dailies! I'm up and taking in coffee - busy stalking the North Coast 24. Final 25 minutes or so of the run happening now. George ran the 12 hour and finished yesterday evening at 9 PM. He did great! I'm just about out of coffee, and I intend to do something useful today. Just not sure what yet. I will be heading out in a while for an easy 4 mile "recovery" run after yesterday's soggy 10K.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Good Sunday morning, people!

Shari, enjoy your SRD.

Rick, have fun doing whatever you do.

lilac_jive, have a pleasant SRD.

Tom, I hope that you have a fun four-miler.

Twelve miles are on tap for later today.

Hip Redux

Step - nice work yesterday!

LRB - git off yur ass, boy!

LL - PSL FTW.  Though I don't get them anymore because I don't do dairy well (and I'm not into soy milk), I do one pump in my regular coffee.  Just enough and not too sweet!

Tom - morning!

Basya - enjoy the 12 miles!

Had a great day yesterday - bike ride, run, dinner and froyo with Baboon and MBC.... and today I slept until 8:30 so already starting off on the right foot!  Big grin   Food shopping this morning and then gymming.

delicate flower

'Morning!  8 mile speed workout on the 'mill this morning at 7:07 avg pace.  Tough workout.  Half mile intervals with half mile recoveries.  My intervals averaged around 5:50 pace.  Need to do a 5K soon!!!!

<3

LRB

LRB - git off yur ass, boy!

Ugh.

I am so dreading this!

Jess runs for bacon

Ugh.

I am so dreading this!

If you are dreading it that much, maybe you need a day off?

I bought some pumpkin butter yesterday and I just found a PSL recipe using it Oski. I will let you know how it goes Smile You could probably make something yummy without milk.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning gang! I was slow to get up the morning. DW and me had an awesome time last night. We met up with some friends for dinner and had a world class meal at a local restaurant. White table cloth all the way! We could have taken pictures of our dishes and put them on the front cover of any food magazine. The presentation was just that good. We then went to a local sports bar and met up with more friends and had an awesome time with lots of laughs. I may have had a few "pints" of beer during the whole process. I tried a pumpkin ale beer. It was definitely a keeper. The apple harvest beer, however, I wasn't too crazy about. It was a little too sweet for my liking.

On the running side of things, I have 13 miles scheduled for this afternoon. I should have fresh legs as yesterday was a SRD.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Step - Nice job on the runs yesterday! That is a great display of endurance. Well done! Have fun at the parade!

LRB - Run later today then. Sometimes I am not in the mood in the morning but I definitely get there by the afternoon.

lilac - Congrats on the huge PR! Resting the hip is probably wise.

Tom - Nice job on your 10K yesterday! Enjoy your well-deserved recovery run!

Basya - Good morning! Enjoy your 12 miler!

Oski - We both had great days yesterday. Make it another great day today!

baboon - Nice speed workout! You are definitely ready for a 5K PR.

Jess - OMG! Pumpkin butter sounds like heaven! Keep us posted on how it turns out!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Step - Congrats on your races! Wow, I haven't gotten the gumption yet to try something like a timed race.

LRB - Good luck with the run. I did mention you in my post yesterday, regarding pacing my 10k yesterday.

Lilac - Good job with your course PR. Have a good rest day.

Tom - Have fun on your recovery run.

Basya - Have a good 12 miler.

Oski - I also slept in this morning. Ahhh, it was a rare treat when a SRD and no parenting duties intersect. Have a good time shopping/at the gym.

SUS - Man, that sounds like a unique meal. The beer sounds great too. I'll have to grab some of these fall ales while they're around.

Just a SRD for me today. Tomorrow starts peak mile week for marathon training.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Just in from our local Rochester Marathon; Kip Tisia wins in 2:19:59. 5:21 pace! He is a local runner. The HM doesn't draw as talented of a field. The winner came in at 1:07:59. Most of them run in the FM.

Good morning and happy Autumn, Dailies:

Step - great job yesterday, and enjoy those apples.

Rick - Hitting up the coffee as well

Lilac - congrats on the PR, and on not getting turned by zombies

Tom - have a good recovery

Basya - great 12 to you

Oski - yesterday = win

Schnauzer - sounds swanky, what did you eat?

Yesterday was over 12 hours of work, but the second portion was pouring at a beer festival, a pretty fun thing to get paid for.  I got to sample quite a few rare beers and also Heady Topper, the top-rated IPA in the country.  Yum.

Back at a more regular running schedule this week after lots of rest and easy.   Then making a dent in the pile of wood I still have to split and stack, then football!  J-E-T-S, No.