Beginners and Beyond

Runnin' WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

LRB

Yep, check back later....

Well as a non-runner, I do not have much to add, except this useful data:

Dave

Oh and I do have an appointment with my regular doctor today, where I will be telling him I have no medical problems whatsoever, but if I do something completely unnecessary & unnatural like run a bunch of miles, my knee hurts. Looking forward to his response on that.

Damn Obamacare! (Not relevant, but it seems we now get to blame that for everything.)

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning! 5 easy miles later.

Off to get my allergy shot and then work.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SRD for me. 10K tomorrow!

Dave hopefully your doctor responds better to that than mine. When I went in with ITBS my doc told me tbat the simple solution was not to run. When I said I wanted to run I got a lecture about how bad running is. Grumble.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jay juat read your post from last night about FEW. I am sorry about all that Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

SRD for me. 10K tomorrow!

Dave hopefully your doctor responds better to that than mine. When I went in with ITBS my doc told me tbat the simple solution was not to run. When I said I wanted to run I got a lecture about how bad running is. Grumble.

Yeah that's my concern; hopefully he will just refer me to a sports med doc or PT without too much trouble.

Good luck tomorrow!

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!  DW and I took the day off.  I'm fixing to go RUN in a bit while she goes to PT and swimming.  I turn 41 today.  HOORAY!

<3

LRB

Well as a non-runner, I do not have much to add, except this useful data:

That was funny.  Hang tough.

6 easy done.

Dr. Cornsitter

I did some shitty math last night as I tried to figure out what time I needed to wake up to do my quick 4 this morning. Needless to say, I am a total d-bag and didn't calculate properly. Guess that means 4 when I get home. Ooops.

Happy Birthday Baboon!!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Pinktastic

Happy 4th of July Eve!!

I don’t know about you, but I sure hope that this day goes by super quickly!!

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!  Nice job on the 6!!

Dave P – Good luck at the doctor!!   Check back in later and let us know how it went.

Damaris – Hope the allergy shot goes smoothly!

Kristin – Enjoy that SRD and GOOD LUCK tomorrow at your 10K!!!

Phil – Happy Birthday!!!   A morning run sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your big day!!

Beachrunner – I think we’ve all probably done that once or twice.   You’ll get out there later and get it done so no worries!    Have a great day!!

Jay – That’s a tough situation to be in for sure!   Stay strong, don’t make decisions hastily, and absolutely make sure that you take care of yourself through all of this.    Hugs to you!

No running for me today.   But, I did do my ankle exercises and I rolled my calves, including both sides above the ankle.

Have a Pinktacular day!!!    And, may your next run be exactly the stress relief that you need!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Phil!!!

Jay, ugh.  You deserve to find someone and be happy.  Don't wait too long or happiness might just slip away.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh yeah.... going to yoga tonight....always forget to  post crosstraining stuff. I'm doing a "gentle yoga" class instead of my normal vinyasa....figured it will be a nice night-before-race-day loosening up without stressing my body too much.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 3rd! Today is "Compliment Your Mirror Day"! 

Stand in front of your mirror with your eyes closed. Put a big smile on your face.... a big smile. Now, open your eyes. Isn't the picture of the person in your mirror absolutely stunning!? The person in your mirror is beautiful (or handsome).  So, compliment your mirror for displaying this beautiful person.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt