Beginners and Beyond

Is it Spring Yet, ThursDAILIES? (Read 53 times)

Docket_Rocket

I have this one and the pink and I love them!  Enjoy!

New kicks. Mizuno Wave Elixir 8. The pink didn't come out as bright in the pic but they are BRIGHT PINK!!! Arrived yesterday. I am in LOVE. Now just hoping they work well for me. They are less supportive than my Wave Inspires, so they are for racing mostly.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I was in Arkansas until the end of 1982.  Then I went to Turkey, Dec 1982- Dec 1983.   Then Hawaii, 1984-1988.  Then to England, 1988-1992.  While I was in England I went temporary duty in 1990 for about 3 months to Gardemoen, Norway.  Thankfully,  NOT in the winter.  After England, in 1992, I went to Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio. In 1993 went to Kenya (got chased by a rhino there!) and Somalia for some months (was there during the "Blackhawk Down" battle).  Came back to Wright-Pat, and then went in 1994 to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, where I retired out of the Air Force in 1996.    From 1973 to Spring 1979, I lived in the Philippines for 6 and 1/2 years and got to travel all over Asia.  Nice.  Out of the 24 years of my Air Force career, 16 of them were spent in overseas locations.  I got to see a lot of the world!   It was very nice - other than the times I was getting shot at, of course.  Joking

Thank you sir for your service!

I was in Arkansas in 1982 and 1982 at the University of Arkansas. We had Eddie Sutton and Lou Holtz for basketball and football coaches. I had so much fun that year of college................so much fun I had mom dome back to community college in Illinois the following year.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Scotty, after Norway we lived in Colorado then moved to Alaska in 1988. My dad PCS'd to Shemya, Alaska for the first year (yes, my mom was basically a single parent to me (6) and my 2-year old brother, lucky her). Then from 1994-1995 he was PCS'd to Seoul, South Korea and he retired in 1996. My parents still live there. We were one of the "lucky" families who didn't move around much. I had a new best friend every two years.

Docket_Rocket

Beer, a second run and heavy weights...in that order.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just got back from 8.23 at 8:55. Beautiful evening, low 50's. So yes, it is spring, sort of; back down to low 30's tonight.

Im still alive, spending spring break at the inlaws (no Internet!), love running in the country/mountains, but I'm having Internet withdrawals. lol

I don't know how you survive without the internet. We have 2 teenagers, and among the 4 of us quite a few devices, so wifi is a must anywhere we go. Visited my MIL a few years ago, she had an internet connection but no wifi; as our "gift" to her we bought & installed a wireless router. Visited my parents; they have wifi which is password protected but did not actually know the password. Roll eyes Figured it was the original one whenever it was installed by the cable co. Tried calling them, they said they do not keep that info on file "for security reasons", but would be happy to charge us $79.99 to reset it. Instead I ended up hunting around on their (very cluttered) computer & found the program that controlled it. Then everyone was happy, we didn't have to talk to each other anymore.

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

LRB, just an unsolicited opinion... I have a pair of Adrenaline 12s that I've worn down to the white rubber.  I love them.  Hope they work for you.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB, just an unsolicited opinion... I have a pair of Adrenaline 12s that I've worn down to the white rubber.  I love them.  Hope they work for you.

So have you tried the 13's?

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

No, I haven't tried the 13s.  Looking to get a new pair of shoes soon and may try them then.

Running for TJ because he can't.

BruceD555

I just finished my 14 miles wearing my 12's ... if I average things out it's a 13 - does that count? Nice run tonight, though the winds were gusting a fair bit, it was 52 degrees and partly sunny.

Train smart ... race smarter.

I have used the 12's for about 300 miles and love them but started feeling a little flat lately, I got the 13's last week and have only run 2miles in them thus far. Felt good but waiting for my knee to get better, hopefully this weekend.

The  toe box felt a little more squared and a bit shorter. I went a half size larger than the 12's.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

AprilRunner, great progression run.

Dave, happy runniversary!

Shari, I'm glad that you had a comfortable run. I wouldn't run the day before a race. I've noticed that my legs had loads of boom and feel super fresh with a rest day.

Luke, nice five-miler. Enjoy biking and running.

kristin10185, I hope that your gym workout went well. Beautiful shoes!

Oski, I hope that you can run well soon.

Damaris, beer, run, weights...nice.

DaveP MI, beautiful 8.23.

Bruce, fantastic fourteen.

<LONG RANT>

I need to vent about the few people who expect me to mind their kids whenever I'm present. Yes, I have a large extended family (my mom is one of ten; my dad is one of four) and grew up helping care for the younger ones. Yes, I'm a preschool teacher. Yes, I adore children. I need a personal life, too. And I don't have to justify myself because I'm married and don't have kids.

Most of my friends with kids are supportive of my having a life. A handful has thanked me for being an example to their daughters.

One person...oy. She expects me to be available at a drop if a hat, in order to help with her kids.  has a sad face or whines when I say that I'd love to, but I already have plans. She asks what they are. I've learned to say no. If I say that I have a workout, she insists that I don't need to exercise so much or so hard. If I don't tell her what I'm doing, she asks if I have a date. (As a rule, I do not discuss my personal life. I don't make an announcement unless there's something to announce.)

She's the main reason I no longer agree to babysit, or even place myself into a social situation during which I might be asked to mind kids, with less than a week's notice. I'm tired of being expected to be some kind of super babysitter. I need time to be a grownup, a woman. I won't sacrifice my sanity because someone feels overwhelmed. I refuse to feel guilty for making sure that I'm physically and emotionally healthy because someone else feels overwhelmed.

Nevermind that, if she asks me to go to her place and I say no because I've eaten peanuts or peanut butter. (She's allergic to all nuts, with her peanut allergy being airborne.) Apparently, she wants me to avoid peanuts, in case she wants something from me.

</LONG RANT>

Hip Redux

Ugh, Basya.  That would drive me batty!

Docket_Rocket

I am sorry.  Never let people take advantage of you.  Say something.  Hugs.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Nevermind that, if she asks me to go to her place and I say no because I've eaten peanuts or peanut butter. (She's allergic to all nuts, with her peanut allergy being airborne.) Apparently, she wants me to avoid peanuts, in case she wants something from me.

We got your back babe.  I give you, peanut butter perfume: