Beginners and Beyond

Is it Spring Yet, ThursDAILIES? (Read 53 times)

Oski, it's annoying.

Damaris, I say no, unless given a week's notice.

Rick, LOL!

I forgot. Weights, ab work, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done.

B-Plus

Scotty - I hope you enjoyed your rest day. You earned it after chasing all that tail.

LRB - My Garmin is currently at 25%. Can I get through 5 miles tomorrow? I remember when 20-ish was my threshold for 6 miles, but I guess the battery is degrading.

MA - Good luck with that!

April - Is this rock taken? Big grin

D2 - Congrats on the runniversary!! You've come so far in such a short time.

Step - 2 mile warmup, 5 mile race, up to 5 miles cooldown depending on how you feel (either right after the race or later in the day if time permits). Tbh, I'd scratch the race if it's not a goal race and I was worried about my ankle.

Kristin - Nice shoes! I can't wait to get a pair of the 8s.

Basya - Vent away! That's what this place is for.

I ran 6.8 miles @ 8:00 w/ 3 strides. The rain is back. Ugh.

Hi dailies:

Is it spring?  Just maybe!  After dropping a few f-bombs at the wind and cold yesterday, it seems to have actually abated today, and the forecast looks promising.  Wore all black long sleeves and pants to absorb every last glorious photon of sunlight.

Hokas make me think of these...

boots

April - foxes are pretty neat.  I doubt that he'd bite you, unless he was rabid and you were right next to him Smile.  One ran in front of future ex-wife's car as we were driving home last night, and it was so sudden that I yelled "deer!".  We had a good laugh about that.

D^2 - happy runniversary!

Step - I'd do all 13 as early in the day as possible.

Kristin - nice, those checkers are a much cooler design than the tiger stripes of the 7's

Basya - your rant is completely justified.  Some people.

B+ - rain isn't snow, so there's that.

8 recovery miles in bright, sunny and calm conditions, 7:53 pace.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It's too late for most people to be checking.... but I did get to the gym, in the new shoes Smile loved them....I could feel they were lighter than my Inspires. I did 2 miles on the elliptical and 1.5 on the TM. Kept it so easy....just wanted to make sure my legs worked after two total rest days in a row. But the ITB felt ok, finally, so I probably did the right thing. Then I had a really comprehensive stretch session.

Basya that would drive me nuts!!! You have a right to your life!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus, I'm happy that you managed to run 6.8 before the rain arrived.

Shirfan, rockin' recovery run.

kristin10185, great workout. I'm glad that the shoes seen to be working. I was wondering how you'd do with them.

Thanks for allowing me to vent, everyone. I feel better, now that that's off my chest.

Have a great nightSmile

Zelanie

Evening, dailies!  I ran 3 before and 4.44 with the running club tonight.  It's just their social run, but I often "accidentally" run too fast when I'm with the group.  Plus I was feeling fresh from the lower miles this week!  I could feel the hip tightness after the first couple, but it didn't seem to interfere with movement at all.

Also, I think I'm going to be in the paper!  The local paper is profiling a few runners for the upcoming half marathon, and I think I will be one of the "newer" runners.  They sent a photographer out to the running club tonight, and I have a phone interview tomorrow.  Funny how everyone who had been running with me sort of melted away when we got close to the photographer!  My hair was a mess, but whatever.  I look like somebody who had been running, no shame there, right?

Luke79

Look at you...doing interviews and what not :P  Sounds pretty cool.

Forgot to check in last night. The spring beginner 5K class I coach kicked off this week. Last night I got in 1.5 easy miles running back and forth making sure everyone was doing well.