Beginners and Beyond

'nother 'study' - shared on RW... might as well here too (Read 51 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Docket_Rocket

I am still unsure if that was an April's Fool joke.  Especially since not long ago there was a study that running marathons or ultras (don't recall) could actually extend lifespan.

There is a study about everything contradicting what other studies have said!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I'm pretty sure it was, but at least the comment section looks serious.  Wink

Docket_Rocket

I'm pretty sure it was, but at least the comment section looks serious.  Wink

Yeah, I noticed!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

I'm not sure why runners get so defensive about this.  Too much of a good thing is generally not a good thing.  Water is a good thing and too much will kill you.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).