Beginners and Beyond

Any Italian Greyhound owners (Read 76 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

We got a 2nd dog yesterday. Meet Dennis, he is a 13 - 14 month old Italian Greyhound. So far no accidents or problems with our other dog. Patches is a bit jealous of the new dog getting attention but otherwise he has accepted him as well.

So far he seems to be a very good dog and has not had any accidents in the house, just a little hyper at times but from what I read that is the breed.  Anything to watch out for with him?  He is full of energy so how would he do for a short run around the neighborhood when the weather gets better?

delicate flower

IGGY!  He's so cute!  Congrats on the new pooch!

I have a full size greyhound that is the complete opposite of hyper.

<3

happylily

Awwww! He's begging to be kissed on the muzzle. What a cute dog! Congrats!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Oh, my cuteness.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awwwww. I know Baboon, MBC and Oski are owners Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

No, I don't have one, but, I soooo want to pet him!  How cute!  Congratulations on your new family member.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Hip Redux

Awwwww. I know Baboon, MBC and Oski are owners Smile

Of the big version!  Iggies are greyhounds that were shrunk in the wash. 

So cute!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Took him to the vet today and all is well with him.  They said looks like a mix, not a full Iggy.  Possibly some chihuahua mixed in but not full Iggy.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

oh my goodness!!!  cutie!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

We got a 2nd dog yesterday. Meet Dennis, he is a 13 - 14 month old Italian Greyhound. So far no accidents or problems with our other dog. Patches is a bit jealous of the new dog getting attention but otherwise he has accepted him as well.

So far he seems to be a very good dog and has not had any accidents in the house, just a little hyper at times but from what I read that is the breed.  Anything to watch out for with him?  He is full of energy so how would he do for a short run around the neighborhood when the weather gets better?

Come one, kiss me!  You wanna.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Come one, kiss me!  You wanna.

That's is funny!  Hopefully he does not carry the chihuahua complex and bark at every damn thing that moves.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh I actually didn't know Italian Greyhounds were smaller than other greyhounds. Learn something new every day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Hip Redux

Oh I actually didn't know Italian Greyhounds were smaller than other greyhounds. Learn something new every day!

Here's the side by side - Greyhound, whippet, Iggy!

delicate flower

Wow, that pic makes the greyhound look so big!  Fact is, they curl up to the size of a pillow.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh Italian Greyhounds ARE a lot smaller. Never knew! Are Whippets technically Greyhounds or just cousins? lol