Beginners and Beyond

Deja Moo DAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

LRB

Blah, blah, blah.  I will be off to run after getting my morning buzz on, you?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wasn't planning on running this morning, coming off whatever was going on with my lower legs BUT I didn't want to finish April with only 129.8 and I did NOT want to just get up and run .2 to make it 130 miles.......... so Rocky and I got up and out the door at 4 AM for 1.2 miles, I figured that's good enough right? 

The good news is I felt no aches, no soreness, no stiffness - it was a really good 13 minute run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Good morning, Happy Wendesday, good health, good cheer, and good luck!     It's raining and 40 degrees out there today.  You've got to be some kind of nut to run in that.  DW is running in that.  I've got a treadmill on my schedule after work.

I went to be bed early last night on account of an upset stomach.  What was up with that?

<3

happylily

I got a monster calf cramp during the night, as I was stretching in my sleep, and I'm limping this morning. WTH? It'd better feel better for my run tonight. 14 miles easy, with a few hills and a few MP miles thrown in.

Happy Wednesday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

I got a monster calf cramp during the night

Weird! I had the exact same thing in the middle of the night. But not too bad this morning, no stiffer than usual anyway. Did I dream it? If so, a very realistic painful dream.

Anyway, went outside for 6 miles this morning. Gloomy but no rain, and perfect temp of about 50.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On tap for me today is weight training with DW after work.  Her doc told her that now that she's OLDER - very tactful doc, huh?  -  she needs to do some strengthening exercises at least once a week to help with her bone density, muscle support, etc.  So with her schedule (work, business, etc) as it is, Wednesday is the day that works best for her.  And since that's my usual weight training day anyway, very convenient, so we can both go to the Y and do our sessions together.

BTW, it;s about 58 degrees right now in San Antonio. Very nice weather predicted around here for the rest of the week, especially in the mornings.......

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Do you run every day, LRB?  I sure wish I could, I get 'antsy' when I don't run.  I miss the time when I was able to run 6 days a week, no problem.    But my doc has limited me to 4 days a week due to the "jarring" and impact on my system....stupid arthritis.   Annoying at times, but I try and stay positive and be happy that I am able to at least get out there at all and do some kind of running.

Congrats on your really good 13 minute run, FreeSoul.  Only 13 minutes...when you stopped after just that short distance, did Rocky give you a look like... 'What the hell....that's it?!" 

It's raining and 40 degrees out there today.  You've got to be some kind of nut to run in that.   Well, Phil, I guess I was pretty nutty then, lol...when I lived in Ohio and England I would run in that kind of weather all the time...and much worse!  Ahhh, those days  20 and 30 years ago when I felt I was an invincible runner!     Good luck with your TM running today!  Sorry about the upset stomach last night, hope that is gone and does not come back.

Sorry about the night cramp, Lily, hope you can work it out before your run.

Congrats on your miles, DaveP, in spite of the gloominess.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am already in Broward getting ready for court.  SRD for me, but maybe I can convince hubby to do a bike ride with me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! It's not much over 40* here, either, but just drizzly rather than actual rain. I ran about 5 miles with a group that includes several others training for the same 50k I am. It was fun to chat with them, though I did wimp out on some of the hills and walk. Recovery, you know.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty -  Yes, yes he did lol. But I told him too bad, I've got to be careful Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

scotty, give me that weather.  86F here already.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I got a monster calf cramp during the night, as I was stretching in my sleep, and I'm limping this morning. WTH?

: : raises hand : :

Did the same thing a month or so ago just to stretch my achillles and when that thing seized up I thought the world was coming to an end!  Luckily it only lasted 10 seconds or so but man I thought I was going to die!

: : raises hand : :

Did the same thing a month or so ago just to stretch my achillles and when that thing seized up I thought the world was coming to an end!  Luckily it only lasted 10 seconds or so but man I thought I was going to die!

Those things are fucking excruciating.

MTA: the worst one I ever had was after the end of my first marathon (thankfully it waited), just while walking across the parking lot to the car. I went down like I had been shot. I'm on my ass in the parking lot & had to get a random stranger to push on my foot to stretch it out for me. At least it was another runner who understood.

Dave

Zelanie

I hate calf cramps.  I haven't gotten any since I've started wearing calf compression when I run, though.

Back to the track for me.  The group is focusing on shorter distances right now, so today it's 200s and 400s at R pace.  It's supposed to be 86 degrees out, too.   April is going to be my lowest-mileage month since last June, but oh well.  I think maybe I needed it.

LRB- Hope the coffee and run went well!

FreeSoul- Glad the legs cooperated!

Phil- Sounds like my usual winter running weather.

Lily- Enjoy the run later!

DaveP- Sounds like a nice run!

Scotty- Enjoy the weights!  You and Gail are both so active, I'm sure you'll stay young and spry no matter what the doctor says!

D- Kick some butt in court!