Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Hate Is A Strong Word... (Read 109 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, did personals (above) for the first page, and everything is being lumped into one paragraph, yikes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep Scotty, everyone is noticing........... and it is annoying.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy running with the run club tonite Basya! *********** Mother Nature loves you, Step! Or maybe you have magic weather powers! Congrats on your run!************* Glad to see you are back to 'normal' Marjorie.****************** April, after your night and morning, sounds like you NEED to go for a run. Let it all out during your 7 miles, good luck!********************* Congrats on the miles, LRB, and good luck with your marathon training! ********************************** Happy vacation, PineGroveDave! Don't get lost in the desert! SheCan lives in Arizona, maybe you can get some desert running tips from her. ********************************************* Safe trip, Oski********************** Congrats on the miles, Andrew, and hope you figure out the fatigue thing.**************************** Sorry about the lack of sleep, FreeSoul. Inside out shorts, sounds like something I'd do, lol.*********************** Zelanie, so sorry the knee is still bothering you, that sucks! Umm, I notice you did not list surgery as an option. Wink ********************** Put the little star-thingys after my personals, to maybe make them easier to read if everything gets all jumbled into one paragraph again. Maybe it will make it worse! Hopefully not.

Hip Redux

Scotty wins for the most sparkly post in the dailies! :P

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, sadly these shorts have that built in underwear thing going on attached to them so I am really glad I did not go anywhere else before the shop.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by April: Oooh, I didn't even think of using HTML. ==========Umm, how do you do that? As said, I am a technology idiot.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty. Here is a pic tour of the OBX course. It is really pretty. ---------------------------That is scenic! Some of it is near water, though; my luck, I'd fall in, lol. Umm...why is some of the grass alongside the route purple? Thanks for sharing, Marjorie.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by Zelanie; Morning! I don't see the text box either, but at least I can use the "br" tag. ---------------------------- Andrew has his own tag? Wink

MrNamtor

Hate is the enemy of all beauty.
                    LRB

Last night I ran on Signal Hill for 5 miles. This will be my regular Tuesday night run all summer, untiil morale improves or I make that hill my beeyotch! Cheers!

FYP! Cheers indeed!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Scotty, type lessthansymbol then p then greaterthan symbol and that will make a new paragraph!

I tried typing the symbols and it formatted all funny, haha.
                        MrNamtor

Morning! I don't see the text box either, but at least I can use the "br" tag.

Trying not to throw myself a personal pity party about the knee, but it flared up again on yesterday's run, too. Actually, it had been going well. I could feel it, but it wasn't bad, but then I accidentally stopped the treadmill while messing with the buttons, and coming to a stop that quickly tweaked it. I started running again, and it hurt. I tried to walk it off for a bit and go back to a run, but it still hurt. So I only got in 3.4 yesterday.

I am just feeling like I'm not really making progress right now. I have PT today and I will talk about it with him. The things I'm thinking of are:

- Getting a patella strap

- Getting a sports massage (or chiro? never been to either)

- Getting a better foam roller

- Doing those single-leg squats on a downward slope that Dr. Google seems to recommend

But I don't necessarily want to throw all of that at it at once, because I won't know what's working. But I'm feeling impatient!

Totally feel your pain, literally. I've been taking it easy myself running wise. Probably should go to an orthopedic dr Anyway you're maintaining things even if you're not making progress now. Same thing happens to me sometimes, suddenly stopping or turning or whatever, and a day or two of rest gets it back on track of healing. How are the PT sessions?
                          MrNamtor

Also Zel, do you do something eccentric-oriented like those squats in PT?
                            So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone. Good workout morning for me. I hit the track and did 6x200m (34, 36, 34, 35, 35, 34) and then 4x100m strides. Overall it was 6 miles, including the run to and from the track. It's amazing to think of all the people that have run sub-4 miles...I wasn't even hitting that pace in my 200s, and was working at about 95% effort.

I'd like to run again tonight with the running group, but we're supposed to get some really severe storms. If it's that bad, I'll just hit the TM, if we have power and the house is still standing.

I wonder what Eric is up to? Usually when things get funky around here, some new feature rolls out.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

I am noy yet I don't know how to do it either.

Posted by April: Oooh, I didn't even think of using HTML. ==========Umm, how do you do that? As said, I am a technology idiot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page