Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Hate Is A Strong Word... (Read 109 times)

MrNamtor

Hey everyone. Good workout morning for me. I hit the track and did 6x200m (34, 36, 34, 35, 35, 34) and then 4x100m strides. Overall it was miles. It's amazing to think of all the people that have run sub-4 miles...I wasn't even hitting that pace in my 200s, and was working at about 95% effort.

I'd like to run again tonight with the running group, but we're supposed to get some really severe storms. If it's that bad, I'll just hit the TM, if we have power and the house is still standing.

I wonder what Eric is up to? Usually when things get funky around here, some new feature rolls out.

Hey I'm sorry i never got to replying to that post i put up where i asked advice about speedwork, but i appreciated your response, as always. Thanks man.

delicate flower

I think Scotty broke the internet in this thread.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The toolbar thing is back! Sweet.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey I'm sorry i never got to replying to that post i put up where i asked advice about speedwork, but i appreciated your response, as always. Thanks man.

No problem...have you incorporated any of the stuff that people suggested or considered adding some new stuff in the future?  I'm running the first true speed cycle that I've done in quite some time (at least when it comes to doing things like 200s and 400s) and it's been a lot of fun.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MrNamtor

No problem...have you incorporated any of the stuff that people suggested or considered adding some new stuff in the future?  I'm running the first true speed cycle that I've done in quite some time (at least when it comes to doing things like 200s and 400s) and it's been a lot of fun.

yes i will be doing this after my knee heals a little more. I injured my knee in April and it recently got worse. But I definitely will incorporate what you've said into my training and how i think of it. Anything i know about running I've learned from good smart runners on these forums.

delicate flower

For my wussyboy move of the day, I will be bailing on my planned bike ride on account of strong winds.  SUE ME.  It'll be an elliptical session instead.  Do you really think that is my preference???  WHY ARE YOU JUDGING ME?

<3

Shari, I'm glad that the rain restrained itself, so that you were able to enjoy your run.

Marjorie, terrific 10.2.

Damaris, I hope that your headache vacates the premises soon.

AprilRunner, I hope that the post-work run helps relieve the stress.

Rick, sweet 7.5.

PGD, fantastic 4.25 I look forward to reading about desert running.

MBC, I'm sure that you'll find some way to amuse yourself.

Brr, excellent tempo run this morning.

FreeSoul87, great job running six miles on so little sleep.

Zelanie, I hope that the knee trouble ceases and desists soon.

B-Plus, have an excellent eight-miler.

jja22, good luck training for your next HM.

Ileneforward, welcome aboard! Great hilly run. Even better that it will be a regular part of your summer.

scottydawg, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

SIAR, awesome intervals.

Phil, have fun on the elliptical.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haha didn't even notice my typo. Damn phone. Legs not kegs lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Headache is still around but I won my afternoon hearing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty. Here is a pic tour of the OBX course. It is really pretty. ---------------------------That is scenic! Some of it is near water, though; my luck, I'd fall in, lol. Umm...why is some of the grass alongside the route purple? Thanks for sharing, Marjorie.

Scotty the tech issues are fixed now.  Eric fixed them.  Several of us posted about it over in the technical forum.  he is awesome and responsive.

You won't fall in.  There are safety barriers to catch you!  And there is a 5K 6 mile and 8K options and the full and half.  I'm looking forward to it.

The purple is a type of plant grass I think.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

For some reason I had the energy this morning to get up and go.....  now I want to crash.. where's a sleepy emoticon when you need one?

Shari, I'm glad that the rain restrained itself, so that you were able to enjoy your run.

Marjorie, terrific 10.2.

Damaris, I hope that your headache vacates the premises soon.

AprilRunner, I hope that the post-work run helps relieve the stress.

Rick, sweet 7.5.

PGD, fantastic 4.25 I look forward to reading about desert running.

MBC, I'm sure that you'll find some way to amuse yourself.

Brr, excellent tempo run this morning.

FreeSoul87, great job running six miles on so little sleep.

Zelanie, I hope that the knee trouble ceases and desists soon.

B-Plus, have an excellent eight-miler.

jja22, good luck training for your next HM.

Ileneforward, welcome aboard! Great hilly run. Even better that it will be a regular part of your summer.

scottydawg, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

SIAR, awesome intervals.

Phil, have fun on the elliptical.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.  Had to take our son in for dental surgery this morning.  All that is done now with no problems.  Back at it Thursday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA. I've been away at a conference all week and had very spotty internet connectivity. I ran a little 5k as a part of the conference yesterday and managed to come in first in my AG and 4th female. Gotta love tiny races! The money raised help buy mosquito nets to help prevent the spread of Malaria in areas of Africa.

The next few weeks will continue to be crazy busy as I finish out my courier job and prepare to start my new job beginning in July, so I'll pop in when I can.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For some reason I had the energy this morning to get up and go.....  now I want to crash.. where's a sleepy emoticon when you need one?

Here you go, FreeSoul...copy and save for future use...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty the tech issues are fixed now.  Eric fixed them.  Several of us posted about it over in the technical forum.  he is awesome and responsive.

You won't fall in.  There are safety barriers to catch you!  And there is a 5K 6 mile and 8K options and the full and half.  I'm looking forward to it.

The purple is a type of plant grass I think.

Safety barrier, uh huh....there was a safety railing along the San Antonio Riverwalk once...I managed to miss it...and went right in... Joking

Purple grass...I thought  I was having a flashback to the 60s!  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt