Beginners and Beyond

Up And At 'em Saturday Penguins! (Read 185 times)

Zelanie

Awood- The kind of robot changes from year to year.  This is the morning that NASA tells them what kind of robot they will build this year.  Last year it was basketball-shooting robots.

Vance- Hope the trail is a great one!

8.5 treadmill miles this morning!! The last 20 min were hard, I just wanted to stop! It helped that I had a super fast 60 year old next to me!! Found out after I finished my run that he is a RD of a race in April! Pretty cool

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

tracilynn

I'm sick and its moving into my chest. Ugh. No running for me. I started my HM plan a week early to have a cushion so no biggy but it sucks to use up my cushion THE VERY FIRST WEEK. Grrr.   I was supposed to run 3 today and 5 tomorrow.  Not gonna happen now.

Day 2 of potty training twins for me today.

Happy Saturday pengs

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Busy morning so I never had time to post here.  11 miles done this morning in heat and humidity.  Very good pace and it felt easy.

Hope everybody is doing well today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

N-Bug - I need to find some good trails around here, but I don't find too many.  I think it would be a blast though.

Zel - I'm really hoping that they want a fighting robot.  Then, you'd have to get us some good video.

Kristi - Long runs on a treadmill can be very challenging.  Kudos to you for making it happen.

tracilynn - Wow...I do not envy you today.  It sounds like you've got your hands full, and not being able to run can't help.  I hope you feel better soon.

Docket - I hope my run goes that well tomorrow.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

OH....I forgot to mention.  I was checking the results of the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon from this year, and found out that a guy who lives about 20 minutes from my house finished in 2:33.  He's 25 years old, and he must be fast as hell.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Surprise, DW wanted to run outside since the tracks are crowded on Sat. Morning and it was pretty nice out.  Ran slow 4.5m on the streets around our neighborhood. Felt really good, just took a few snotty breaks.  Bike path is way too icy for us, and we need to stay healthy and stick to our "plan".

From the Internet.

Hi pens. Still feeling sad. Drowning my sorrows in banana bread :/ Maybe will hit the stationary bike again tomorrow.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

OH....I forgot to mention.  I was checking the results of the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon from this year, and found out that a guy who lives about 20 minutes from my house finished in 2:33.  He's 25 years old, and he must be fast as hell.

The new RW says the Indy 500 mini is the largest HM, at 31,000.  Are you going to try it?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I've talked to some friends about possibly doing it, but its very close to my wedding.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Hi everyone!  I finally got my computer back up and working which is awesome - I just can't do internet on the phone for too much time, kills my eyes.

So glad everyone's doing well - Today will probably be 5 for me.

Docket_Rocket

I must've missed it.  Why are you sad?  I thought your shin splints were healing.

Hi pens. Still feeling sad. Drowning my sorrows in banana bread :/ Maybe will hit the stationary bike again tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Lauren - If you have to be sad, being sad with banana bread...at least you've got banana bread.

HeyDoc - Welcome to the Penguins!  It's good to meet you.  We're a friendly crowd.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

LOL at the Doc comment.

Lauren - If you have to be sad, being sad with banana bread...at least you've got banana bread.

HeyDoc - Welcome to the Penguins!  It's good to meet you.  We're a friendly crowd.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I must've missed it.  Why are you sad?  I thought your shin splints were healing.

They are, but it's such a slow and frustrating process and I'm just feeling overly emotional today. :/ Leg feels tight, no clue when I'll get the OK to try running again.