Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

'Sup!

I am headed off to the gym for a short 4 mile jog, then a massage at 11:00.  My first since October.  And yes, in case anyone is wondering; it's COLD!

What is your day looking like?

delicate flower

Hello and Happy Friday!  Boy, the work week goes by fast when you're out of the office for two full days attending meetings.  Speaking of which, yesterday was kind of weird.  I had two people in the meeting ask me extensive questions about my running (one person works in rehab, one works in employee wellness), and a third guy sitting next to me is actually doing the same marathon I'm doing in May (his first).  The topic came up because someone saw me doing some light stretching during a break and asked me what's up.

Anyhoo, I am scheduled for 8 miles today.  I really don't want to run on the treadmill, but the wind chill is going to be below zero today.  COME ON ALREADY!

<3

-3.8° F

Feels like -4° F

Easy tonight, then off tomorrow for the Shamrock Run 8K.  It is forecast to be much warmer (hopefully!).

happylily

Morning!

Wednesday, my sis called me after work and we ended up talking for 2 hours, so I decided to do my Thursday night 7 recovery because I didn't have time for my 15 miler. And my 12 miles with speedwork had to follow my recovery run last night. So, tonight is my 15 miler... You follow me? Not that anyone cares, but I wanted to explain.  I may take the kids to MacDonalds for lunch. Not that I like the place, but it's the only restaurant I can walk to from the daycare, plus there is an amusement park and the kids love it. If I'm good I'll order a salad. And if I'm bad i'll finish all the fries that the kids don't eat.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

-9*, feels like -21*, and a 20-miler on the schedule. My day looks like the screen on a treadmill for 3 and a half hours. And I'm going into it on tired legs, just to make it even more miserable. But that which does not kill us makes us stronger, or something like that, right?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

-9*, feels like -21*, and a 20-miler on the schedule. My day looks like the screen on a treadmill for 3 and a half hours. And I'm going into it on tired legs, just to make it even more miserable. But that which does not kill us makes us stronger, or something like that, right?

Good luck.

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  I'm up early because I am presenting at a conference this morning!  Of course my dog woke me up 10 minutes before my alarm, boo!  Then it's a few hours back at work, a 6 miler, and a parent meeting for DD's robotics team.  I guess the day will go by quickly!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran 3.2 miles this morning, 18 degrees with a feels like 9. I don't think I am going to do the race tomorrow, Saturday is going to have a high of 54 degrees and I am seriously thinking I would rather get a 14 miler in on the roads and know that I won't hurt myself than go out on those trails whether they be frozen solid or muddy and injure myself.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Waiting for my TM to be delivered before heading to South Beach to meet Jerry and his wife.  Most likely SRD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Morning!  Waiting for my TM to be delivered before heading to South Beach to meet Jerry and his wife.  Most likely SRD for me.

Give a kiss from me to your friend! (I mean your TM, not Jerry. I don't even know who Jerry is...)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Bad news: temp is -9F.

Good news: windchill is -9F! (These words are not often put together like this.)

So that is something. I've always been saying if we could have the cold without the constant wind, it would be so much better. Plus it's sunny. It is warming up so should be positive single digits by the time I do my planned lunchtime run, but alas, the wind will be picking up. In any case, decided to only bring my indoor gear, because it is so much hassle to bring all the extra stuff & have to bundle up & then de-bundle afterwards...mainly all the extra time it takes when it is already a tight squeeze to get in the miles I want & not lose my job. So anyhoo, the treadmill it will be, which of course doesn't even faze me anymore.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Give a kiss from me to your friend! (I mean your TM, not Jerry. I don't even know who Jerry is...)

He is from the Penguin thread.  Haha.  Hoping I get to see him.  Depending on when the TM comes in and how I feel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MothAudio

HL - Awesome workout yesterday [12 miles @ 7:22 pace]. If you're doing that for a quality training run what is your goal pace for your upcoming half or marathon?! I haven't been following your training but that seems like quite an upshift.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Rick, enjoy the run and the massage.

Phil, have a wonderful eight-miler.

Jay, have a fun easy run.

Lily, have a pleasant run.

Shari, I've done LRs on the TM. I hope that your time passes more quickly than mine does.

Zelanie, enjoy your six-miler.

FreeSoul87, smart decision.

Damaris, which TM did you buy?

DaveP MI, have a pleasant lunchtime run.

Lower-body strength training and an hour on the AMT are done. Rick's awesome interval workout, ab work, and push-ups will be done this afternoon after work. Who need an nice bath? I just shower, get dressed, and step outside!

Docket_Rocket

I bought the Sole F85.

Damaris

Fundraising Page