Beginners and Beyond

Raining Sunday Penguins.. (Read 40 times)

No it wasn't.  Our high today was 82F.  That's warm. Joking

It was high 70's here. Felt strange. At least it didn't take long to warm up.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

GinnyinPA

Damaris - given that the high for the next 3 or 4 days is likely to be below freezing, 45 is warm.

Awood and T-Rod - I envy all of you who have races to look forward to this winter/spring.  Coming back from injury means I have to try to restrain myself from overdoing as long as possible, which means the only race I'm signed up for isn't until September, and I only signed up for that because it was 1/2 price if I signed up on New Years Day.   I'd love to be training for a race right now, but I know it's best to just slowly build the miles again.  And maybe, somewhere along the way, I can find a 5 or 10k to run just for fun.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

T-Rod - If you keep putting these types of miles on your shoes, you'll either lose weight or eat very well.  You're on a tear.  Keep up the great work.

Ginny - It sounds like you're taking a smart approach.  Take it easy, and sneak in a 5K or 10K when you feel up to it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

T-Rod - If you keep putting these types of miles on your shoes, you'll either lose weight or eat very well.  You're on a tear.  Keep up the great work.

I need to get my daily diet back in check. Like I told my sister, before the marathon I carb loaded for about a month. I wish i didn't like food so much. I don't know how skinny people stay skinny.  Big grin

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

hog4life

Bin, the doc didn't specifically say no hard running. He did however say don't stop running. I go tomorrow for results of the biopsy and will ask more questions.

Better I Leave

I wish i didn't like food so much. I don't know how skinny people stay skinny.  Big grin

Same here. I'm condemned, for my remaining days, to a life of constant vigilance over what/how much I consume. I hear you brother. I love food (and I love to cook good food). The only trick I've found is through working my ass off, gaining lean body mass (active tissue/muscle requires calories to simply "exist"), eating clean (minimize sugar, saturated fats)...and run.