Beginners and Beyond

A Penguin Walks Into A Weekend... (Read 29 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

"No one ever drowned in sweat."

-Author Unknown

PADRunner

Morning penguins, 4 done this morning. Now the grass needs a haircut.

Zelanie

Hi PAD.  Second RD in a row for me   In a little while, I will be with 25 teenagers and one other adult as we make our way back to Oregon.  We have a somewhat tight connection in Houston considering that we have to get through customs- wish us luck!

tracilynn

Zel just wear your running shoes and you will have no problem making your connecting flight

morning pad

I also ran 4 this morning. Enjoying some Donut shop coffee now.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 and PiYo tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Safe trip Zel.  Hope all of your students had a great experience.

SRD for us.   DD2 is 26 today and is on her own for health insurance.  We wiill be heading into the city later today to celebrate.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya, Pens.

6 easy miles on the trail for me. We got it done early because it is HOT. It's a good day for some beer.

Zel: safe travels

Traci: I'm glad to hear you are back at it. Pain free, I hope. Great school pictures of you Guys in Kinder. Smile

D: sorry to hear about your friend. So sad...

Jerry: enjoy the city and the beer.

PAD: nice four and get the grass done before the heat!

obiebyke

Hi folks.

Z, maybe you can jog in place in the plane aisle?

I haven't been running, really. Today I got out for a 3 mile run/walk. I'm trying to let go of my 10 mile training plan and just get out the door these days. Running races with inadequate training is my MO anyway.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

hog4life

2 miles yesterday and 3 today.

Bin Running

3 easy yday cos I slept in again. 12.5 long run today. 45 for the week.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 miles done Sunday morning.  Got to get BUSY now.

Running for TJ because he can't.

PADRunner

Morning Penguins.

9 miles this morning in the rain. Had to take cover about half way through for the heavy stuff. 30 min wait. so it was more of a 3.5 and 5.5 run. Radar looked ok when I headed out, but this storm just kind of blew up on top of me the way they do in the summer.

A lot of damage in the park I run in from a storm yesterday with 60 mph winds.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  14 miles with the last 7 @ MP + 10% done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Those poor trees, PAD.  Looks like the storms we had earlier this week made it your way?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

PAD

Which park is that?

I didn't have any storm until this morning.

Nice heavy drops very refreshing run.