Beginners and Beyond

Better Eight Than Never SunDAILIES (Read 56 times)

alexis_run_nky

Good afternoon DAILIES!

It is nice and warm here today (seems to be the common theme around here) and I am stuck inside doing homework (the joys of nursing school)...actually I was on spring break all last week (crappy weather) and put of doing all my homework and now that there is nice weather I am stuck inside.

Good news from the doctor on Friday...I get to start the "return to running" aka very boring plan on Tuesday at physical therapy and he said I should bounce back pretty quickly from the stress fracture!  I'm very excited!

Looks like everyone has had some pretty good runs today!  Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Docket_Rocket

I have done 22 with no breaks, water, nor gels.  They were not my fastest, true, but you rocked that run!  Congrats!

20 miles done. 2:37:25, 7:53 pace. No break, no water, don't do what I do, it's stupid... Time for a hot bath, light lunch and some major house cleaning. sigh...

I'm still on page 2, but I see great runs and Oski off to a 5K.  Hoping to see the results when I get to page 3.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

12.5  this morning. Wanted 16-17 but had to cut it short due to stuff going on. I may double today with 4-5 slow ones later.

Took yesterday off as my back was bugging me. I obviously tweaked it somehow on Friday. It felt fine this morning after it warmed up so I'm thinking the rest yesterday helped.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.2 for me.  We are at the movies so I'll try to get back on later.

Marjorie

My LONGEST run yet. I finished 7 miles on the TM this afternoon at a nice slow easy pace.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Rick, amazing thirteen miles.

Shari, enjoy cycling and core work.

Ric-G, I hope that your easy eight were pleasant.

Dave, I'm glad that you were able to run 7.9 in beautiful weather.

Lily, twenty miles with neither fuel nor water? You amaze me.

Beth, fantastic fifteen miles I wouldn't call that run slow. Easy, but not slow.

DaveP MI, sweet pace for the 12.13.

alexis_run_nky, great news!

Fuzzy, great running 12.5 early in the day.

MarjorieAnn3137, I hope that, like you, I'll be able to make 20+ a regular part of my regimen this year.

Weights and ab work are done. I'm off to make a small batch of tomato sauce to serve with dinner tonight.

Please remind me why I left sunny, warmer, drier, beautiful Jerusalem to return to cold, damp Boston.

Rondog65

I am impressed with all the posts and mileage you all run.  I had my best and longest run of the week covering 6.9 miles.  However I wish I had waited a couple of more hours as the sun finally came out and warmed up to 45 degrees. Oh well, spring is coming.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

hog4life

I wanna be stupid too, if it makes me faster, Big grin . Sorry Lily, I couldn't resist, you are truly amazing!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

13.4 for me earlier today, probably a little quicker than they should have been.  It was so nice out though!  I'm making chicken fried steak, cheddar biscuits, and sausage gravy for supper.  Healthy stuff, right? Smile

Nice running everyone!

Sparker...Congrats on your longest run.  You're doing great!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Great job on your personal best distance.

I am impressed with all the posts and mileage you all run.  I had my best and longest run of the week covering 6.9 miles.  However I wish I had waited a couple of more hours as the sun finally came out and warmed up to 45 degrees.  Qin well, spring is coming.

Sparker, congrats to you too!  I remember my first 7 like it was yesterday.  Great accomplishment.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I am impressed with all the posts and mileage you all run.  I had my best and longest run of the week covering 6.9 miles.  However I wish I had waited a couple of more hours as the sun finally came out and warmed up to 45 degrees.  Qin well, spring is coming.

I'm right there with you. Congrats on the long run.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Mmmmm...beer

Sparker and Rondog, congrats to both of you on your distance PRs!  It's a great feeling when you hit a new milestone. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Rondog65, welcome aboard, 6.9 I mighty fineSmile

SIAR, terrific 13.4. Your dinner sounds like a balance of protein, carbs, and fat.

I'm wonder what to do about my half in May. I'm not using Jerusalem to calculate my training paces. Jerusalem is almost half a mile above sea level an very hilly; my half will be on a flat course in South Boston. My last race was a 5K this past Thanksgiving. Before that, I ran a miler in July.  My next race will be a five-miler in four weeks.

Eh, guys? Suggestions? How should I calculate my training paces?

Hip Redux

Well that was interesting.  LOL  First off, no one told me there was a big friggin hill in the middle of the race and second - 1 mile of the 5K was still covered in a foot of snow, so they shortened it to a 2.4 mile race.  Alrighty then.  And yeah, uh, someone went out too fast.  

Small field - I was 13/35 overall, 5th woman, 1st in AG (but they only gave out awards to the overall winners).

Hill profile:

Hip Redux

Great job on your personal best distance.

Sparker, congrats to you too!  I remember my first 7 like it was yesterday.  Great accomplishment.

+1!

Great job - it's not about the distance, it's about the dedication.  And you both clearly have it.  Smile