Beginners and Beyond

Soon (Read 178 times)

Nevrgivup

Reading all these RR and seeing all the local races in my FB feed has me going crazy! A few more weeks and I'll be running!!!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

runmomto3boys

Very soon!  Yay!

Buelligan

It's best to never get injured, but if you do, make sure you learned something from it. What did you learn?
        Luke79

How is it feeling now?  Can you walk fast without pain?  Have you tried to jog at all yet? 

Mmmmm...beer

Woohoo!  I know you already know this, but I have to say it anyway, make sure to take it easy when you get back out there.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am planning on trying my first test run in a few weeks too, Hilary!  Sometime around Christmas.  I biked today for the first time.

Running is dumb.

Nevrgivup

It's best to never get injured, but if you do, make sure you learned something from it. What did you learn?

Honesty , I'm still not convinced its a real running injury hence the location. TMI. I did learn that you don't have to do races to enjoy running. I've refocused my goals for when I come back. Smile

Nevrgivup

How is it feeling now?  Can you walk fast without pain?  Have you tried to jog at all yet? 

No pain at all when walking and I have a pretty physical job. It just needed time to heal.

Just B.S.

Soon little one soon!!LOL

Hilary, I think you have probably gained some good perspective through this tough time.

Honestly I didn't run a real race until I had been running for 3 years and it was a half marathon (did the Race

for the Cure 5k in my first year but it was more of a charity/girls thing for me).

I am actually grateful I had those 3 years where I was running simply because I loved running and it was fun.

I didn't know any other runners, didn't know anything about running message boards or racing.

Now after almost 10 years of racing I can honestly say that when my races days (or days of racing 10+ times/year

and marathons) come to and end that I will still love running for it's own sake. When that day comes I will change

my siggy to "Racing, who cares?"LOL

I hope when you come back you are running well and pain free.

You too Mandy!